CJohn

Official Weekend Estimates: Straigth Outta Compton - 56.1M; The Man From UNCLE - 13.5M; MI5 - 17.3M; Fantastic Four - 8M

$5M in Thursday Previews for SOC
http://deadline.com/2015/08/straight-outta-compton-man-from-u-n-c-l-e-weekend-box-office-1201499183/
----------------
Variety and DHD very early updates
http://variety.com/2015/film/news/straight-outta-compton-box-office-1201570463/
http://deadline.com/2015/08/straight-outta-compton-man-from-u-n-c-l-e-weekend-box-office-1201499183/
Page 9
----------------
Gopher
Uhh let's say 21 is the floor today, ok?
Page 12
----------------
Rth
Yeah it is hard to tell WC is high already but also lot presales, going for now go with 22-24, MFU 5, MI5 4-5, F4 2, Min 1.5
Page 13
----------------
Gopher
Compton's even with Fri w/o previews.
Page 45
----------------
Rth numbers pg48

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 6

Box Office: 'Straight Outta Compton' Scores Huge $4.96M Thursday

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2015/08/14/box-office-straight-outta-compton-scores-huge-4-96m-thursday/

.....at 8:00 pm in 2,264 theaters. Now usually the time those showings start, be it 7pm or 8pm, is relatively irrelevant. But Straight Outta Compton is a long movie, nearly 2.5 hours in fact, so the fact that Universal made those poor saps wait until 8pm is both very mean and likely a slight pull on their Thursday showings.

• Like 1

$5 million in previews, with how many sellouts there have been this weekend, should translate to at least $50-55 million OW, even if it is a little frontloaded towards Friday. 

Compton has come to redeem Summer 2015!  :)

Read the Forbes article, why he thinks deeper and higher than your number suggestion might be missed.

I think it's possible, but better not to get too high hopes just in case?

Is it true about Straight Outta Compton not getting screenings in St. Petersburg Florida?

Is it's story based (partly?) there, any problems to expect, or why else, if it is true?

Only there?

Why gets a e.g. by Warner owned Legendary & New Line produced movie Universal as distributer?

Straigh Outta Compton's actual (US?) twitter count is rather high

Aug 14, 2015 36830 - 33:1 (still counting)

Aug 13, 2015 174143 - 24:1

Aug 12, 2015 59617 - 30:1

As comparison AoUs at it's time of release:

May 02, 2015     120859  - 15:1

May 01, 2015     166674  - 14:1

April 30, 2015     138805  - 14:1

Edited by terrestrial

Why gets a e.g. by Warner owned Legendary & New Line produced movie Universal as distributer?

WB doesn't own Legendary, they're a financier/producer and I think New Line gets a credit because the film was in development at New Line before it moved to Universal, it's similar to Dumb and Dumber Too which has an association with New Line despite New Line having no involvement in the film aside from making the first Dumb and Dumber

• Like 2

WB doesn't own Legendary, they're a financier/producer and I think New Line gets a credit because the film was in development at New Line before it moved to Universal, it's similar to Dumb and Dumber Too which has an association with New Line despite New Line having no involvement in the film aside from making the first Dumb and Dumber

Ahh, I first checked New Line and only glanced (too fast) at Legendary, thank you a lot.

I should have known that out of my head, but here it's way too hot to think straight (and I think we get a lightning storm as much as my head hurts)