Blankments

Split | January 20, 2017 | James McAvoy | Directed by M. Night Shyamalan and Produced by Jason Blum

So, I have a theory.  

This movie has two cuts :

- an American cut with that amazing twist people are talking and raving about.

- an OS cut with a final scene so stupid and abhorent it will make you want to stop watching movies for a year.

That s the only sane explanation, right ?

1 hour ago, The Futurist said:

So, I have a theory.  

- an OS cut with a final scene so stupid and abhorent it will make you want to stop watching movies for a year.

Image result for bruce willis gif

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Futurist said:

So, I have a theory.  

Abhorrent? You're welcome to not like the scene, but why abhorrent? Words have actual meanings and definitions, you know. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Telemachos said:

Abhorrent? You're welcome to not like the scene, but why abhorrent? Words have actual meanings and definitions, you know. 

Ok, I asked Google and sure, Abhorrent is probably too much.

English is not my mother tongue, so sometimes I can use words without knowing the exact definition or the "intensity" of the word, if you see what I mean.

But yup, that final brain fart that was that final scene made the movie go from B/B+  to "I don't know how Night thought this was clever or cute" territory to me.

McAvoy gives his all (always thought that he rivaled Fassenber in the X-Men movies, guy is a Beast of an actor), the arc played by The Witch is fantastic & sad & creepy, but it is a Jason Blum joint so the movie was probably  shot in Shyamalan s basement, somewhere in Philly.

Very interesting movie, great cast, some interesting ideas and story arcs but apalling ("twist") and cheap looking as fuck despite some good framing.

Jason Blum must snort cocanine on a daily basis with his MO.

B/B+, until the final brain fart.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Ok, I asked Google and sure, Abhorrent is probably too much.

English is not my mother tongue, so sometimes I can use words without knowing the exact definition or the "intensity" of the word, if you see what I mean.

But yup, that final brain fart that was that final scene made the movie go from B/B+  to "I don't know how Night thought this was clever or cute" territory to me.

McAvoy gives his all (always thought that he rivaled Fassenber in the X-Men movies, guy is a Beast of an actor), the arc played by The Witch is fantastic & sad & creepy, but it is a Jason Blum joint so the movie was probably  shot in Shyamalan s basement, somewhere in Philly.

Very interesting movie, great cast, some interesting ideas and story arcs but apalling ("twist") and cheap looking as fuck despite some good framing.

Jason Blum must snort cocanine on a daily basis with his MO.

B/B+, until the final brain fart.

I liked your post just because you like most of the movie :kitschjob: 

• Like 1

I just can't consider that scene to be a

Spoiler

twist, it s more a reveal than anything else, and a tribute to Kevin Feige s power.

It doesn't really change the story to me, it has little impact, that s what a twist normally does, it makes you re-consider all the events of the film and this SCU thing is not that I am sorry.

I couldn't care less how it was linked to the events of Unbreakable and that it was in deed a Super Villain origin story.

And for the millions of people who haven't seen Unbreakable, A 17 yo movie, a movie as old as 50% of the people who will see Split , what s the fucking point ?

None, I am afraid.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Eevin said:

Could this make a run at $300m worldwide? Currently sits at around $265m - is it too far to reach at this point?

It depends on the number of territories left. Nothing much is left from North America.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Eevin said:

Could this make a run at $300m worldwide? Currently sits at around $265m - is it too far to reach at this point?

Not going to happen, the only country left is Japan, and Horror movies never make money there. It is going to finish at $280m at best, which is enough to it become the third biggest Horror movie of the decade.