department store basement

Which movies from 2010 and 2011 will be well remembered in 10 years?

This is the last "most remembered" poll I'm doing, because the results will be too obvious if I go back any further.

As always: Which movies will be well remembered in 10 years by the general public and by movie buffs? This isn't about whether you personally like the movies listed.

Since I got a lot of flak for not including Pitch Perfect in the 2012 poll, I chose the top 29 I feel will be remembered from each year, no matter how close they are to the ones that didn't make it. Here are the ones that were cut; if you think any of those should be on the list instead of ones I included please let me know.

Megamind and The Tourist were very close to making the 2010 poll; the other ones cut were The Other Guys, Predators, Machete, Get Him to the Greek, Hot Tub Time Machine, Shrek Forever After, The Ghost Writer, The Sorcerer's Apprentice, The Karate Kid, and Remember Me.

The ones cut from 2011 were The Adjustment Bureau, I Am Number Four, Sucker Punch, Paul, Insidious, The Ides of March, The Adventures of Tintin, Rango, Kung Fu Panda 2, Rio, The Lincoln LawyerHanna, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, and Immortals. (I'm fairly certain The Artist will be just an Oscar trivia question answer.)

Edited by department store basement
  • Like 2

From 2010:

Toy Story 3

How to Train Your Dragon

Shutter Island

Inception

Shrek Forever After

True Grit

Black Swan

The King's Speech

Iron Man 2

Alice in Wonderland

Harry Potter and the Deathy Hallows P1

Tangled

Despicable Me

The Social Network

The Karate Kid (2010)

From 2011:

Rango

The Help

Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol

Rise of the Planet of the Apes

Thor

Captain America: The First Avenger

Kung Fu Panda 2

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides

Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows P2

X-Men: First Class

The Artist

The Descendants

Fast Five

Super 8

Arthur Christmas

The Adventures of Tintin

Puss in Boots

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

I try to avoid thinking about the big franchise movies when looking at these questions because otherwise that's just a quick way to make it uninteresting. so from 2010 it's definitely inception, and from 2011 I'd say maybe drive but only in certain hipster circles. it's not gonna be like a wide thing with that movie.

• Like 2

This is the last "most remembered" poll I'm doing, because the results will be too obvious if I go back any further.

As always: Which movies will be well remembered in 10 years by the general public and by movie buffs? This isn't about whether you personally like the movies listed.

Since I got a lot of flak for not including Pitch Perfect in the 2012 poll, I chose the top 29 I feel will be remembered from each year, no matter how close they are to the ones that didn't make it. Here are the ones that were cut; if you think any of those should be on the list instead of ones I included please let me know.

Megamind and The Tourist were very close to making the 2010 poll; the other ones cut were The Other Guys, Predators, Machete, Get Him to the Greek, Hot Tub Time Machine, Shrek Forever After, The Ghost Writer, The Sorcerer's Apprentice, The Karate Kid, and Remember Me.

The ones cut from 2011 were The Adjustment Bureau, I Am Number Four, Sucker Punch, Paul, Insidious, The Ides of March, The Adventures of Tintin, Rango, Kung Fu Panda 2, Rio, The Lincoln Lawyer, Hanna, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, and Immortals. (I'm fairly certain The Artist will be just an Oscar trivia question answer.)

You included Real Steel but not Rango? :mellow:

• Like 1

That was a little on the side of melodrama, but it is very respected by cinefiles and is a landmark film.

I considered The Tree Of Life for the reason you give, but I brushed it off because not enough people know it exists. For the same reason I didn't include The Kids Are All Right and Winter's Bone for 2010.

• Like 1

Robin Hood got a vote?

I'm surprised it and PoP got a vote while Eli, Salt, and A-Team didn't get any so far.

All five are fairly generic but high-grossing action films. I'm pretty sure one of them will be well remembered but I'm not sure which so I put all five on the poll.

I'm surprised it and PoP got a vote while Eli, Salt, and A-Team didn't get any so far.

All five are fairly generic but high-grossing action films. I'm pretty sure one of them will be well remembered but I'm not sure which so I put all five on the poll.

I think all of them will be forgotten, at least by the GA (actually I would say they are already forgotten by the GA).

Edited by ShouldIBeHere

Alright, since there hasn't been anyone voting in days I'm ending the poll.

Results for 2010:

13 votes: Inception, Toy Story 3

11 votes: The Social Network

9 votes: Deathly Hallows Part 1

8 votes: Despicable Me, Tangled

7 votes: Scott Pilgrim vs. the World

6 votes: How to Train Your Dragon, Kick-Ass, The King's Speech

5 votes: Black Swan, Easy A

4 votes: Shutter Island

3 votes: Alice in Wonderland, Iron Man 2, True Grit

2 votes: The Expendables, The Fighter

1 vote: 127 Hours, Grown Ups, PoP: Sands of Time, Robin Hood, The Town

Shutout: The A-Team, The Book of Eli, Due Date, Red, Salt, Tron Legacy

Results for 2011:

14 votes: Deathly Hallows Part 2

12 votes: Rise of the Planet of the Apes

7 votes: Bridesmaids, Captain America, Drive, Mission Impossible 4, X-Men: First Class

6 votes: Fast Five

5 votes: Thor

4 votes: The Help, Midnight in Paris, Moneyball, Transformers 3

3 votes: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Sherlock Holmes 2

2 votes: Crazy Stupid Love, The Hangover Part 2, Hugo, Limitless, Pirates of the Caribbean 4, Source Code, Super 8, Warrior

1 vote: 50/50, The Descendants, Horrible Bosses, Real Steel

Shutout: Friends with Benefits, In Time

Unlike the previous three "most remembered" polls, the results were fairly expected. The only real surprises to me were Bridesmaids's and Fast Five's overperformance (I had anticipated each to get 3-4 votes), and to a lesser extent Scott Pilgrim's (I did anticipate it getting a lot of votes but I didn't see it beating HTTYD, Black Swan, King's Speech, or Shutter Island). And BOM really doesn't seem to like Justin Timberlake in a leading role!