Gabriel Sales

The Little Prince - October 16, 2015

The movie/animation based on the book/work of Antoine de Saint-Exupéry already debuted and has been doing successfully in several countries, including: France, Brazil, Argentina and Poland.

His debut in China is scheduled for October 16, I ask: Is there any possibility of this film doing well in China?

Thank You!

I have based my comparisons of The Little Prince with The Lego Movie, because budgets are similar. The Lego Movie has not had the opportunity to stay in theaters in China, do not know for what reason, The Little Prince will have this opportunity, just hope it goes well in China.

Edited by Gabriel Sales

Thank You!

I have based my comparisons of The Little Prince with The Lego Movie, because budgets are similar. The Lego Movie has not had the opportunity to stay in theaters in China, do not know for what reason, The Little Prince will have this opportunity, just hope it goes well in China.

Was it shown in U.S.?

Will debut only at the end of the year in the United States. 

Will debut first in China.  :) 

Any chance the film doing well in China? 

On the site www.gewara.com the overwhelming majority is giving a score of 10 for the film.  :D 

I watched here in Brazil, the film was very well produced, it's exciting and conveys a beautiful mesagem. Very much worth the watch feathers.

Will debut only at the end of the year in the United States. 

Will debut first in China.  :) 

Any chance the film doing well in China? 

On the site www.gewara.com the overwhelming majority is giving a score of 10 for the film.  :D 

I watched here in Brazil, the film was very well produced, it's exciting and conveys a beautiful mesagem. Very much worth the watch feathers.

The film has not been released in China so those ratings aren't real. It will not do well in China unfortunately, it's not a well known story to most Chinese.

Edited by jiangsen

The film has not been released in China so those ratings aren't real. It will not do well in China unfortunately, it's not a well known story to most Chinese.

:o   :(

The film is hardly a book adaptation, ie who have not read the book will understand and love the movie the same way as it is a fantastic film. Here in Brazil the book is well known, the film debuted in second place, but with a strong word of mouth took the lead in the next week to lead for 3 consecutive weeks.

Argentina has left much film back this week for example, after five weeks of its premiere, the film is less fall in the top 10.

In Poland it is already among the 10 most viewed films of the year, aiming The Avengers: Age of Ultron.

According to specialized websites and awardscircuit.com indiewire.com the film is a favorite to an Oscar nomination for Best Animated Feature, provided it is released by the end of the year.

:o   :(

The film is hardly a book adaptation, ie who have not read the book will understand and love the movie the same way as it is a fantastic film. Here in Brazil the book is well known, the film debuted in second place, but with a strong word of mouth took the lead in the next week to lead for 3 consecutive weeks.

Argentina has left much film back this week for example, after five weeks of its premiere, the film is less fall in the top 10.

In Poland it is already among the 10 most viewed films of the year, aiming The Avengers: Age of Ultron.

According to specialized websites and awardscircuit.com indiewire.com the film is a favorite to an Oscar nomination for Best Animated Feature, provided it is released by the end of the year.

This may be the case, but it won't make much money in China...sorry

I think it won't be a flop. It got some attention because the Little Prince will be voiced by a decently popular boy band member in China, Yi Yangqianxi of TFboys. Not sure if it matters, but the weibo post had over 700m views and 4.5m discussions.

I hope it will make at least half of minions.

:(:(

I've imagined! Unfortunately!

I just want to alert the Chinese who have the opportunity to watch a great animated film, one of the best I've ever seen.

OD 13M looks good.The little prince might over Inside out in China.80~90M is possible.100M will not surprise me. Edited by bangbingchan