kayumanggi

RED SPARROW | 03.02.18 | Fox | Jennifer Lawrence

7 minutes ago, misafeco said:

That's more than likely. I laughed when I saw the NASA / Chinese space agency buildings in Budapest (The Martian) but these things can cut the budget down. The inside scenes will be filmed in studios.

yup.

Anyway, it really seems that Singer's Cold War-set draft has been thrown out and Lawrence & Haythe are taking the Hunger Games approach - i.e. adapt the book more or less as is, with changes and additions to make it work on the screen, nothing more, nothing less. Which is good.

Now, apparently Matthias isn't playing Putin? Hm....

• Like 1

On 2/22/2017 at 5:54 AM, misafeco said:

That's more than likely. I laughed when I saw the NASA / Chinese space agency buildings in Budapest (The Martian) but these things can cut the budget down. The inside scenes will be filmed in studios.

Someone at AW wrote a pretty in depth post on this, with the current exchange rate giving a major deduction before credits are even taken into account.  It can make their dollars go a lot further, filming there.

1 hour ago, The Futurist said:

Ok, explains the long shoot.

It s a big studio movie.

Budget will be around 80m maybe even 100.

Just learned that Double Negative is handling the VFX.

She jumps out of the truck, gets on her enemies 18 wheeler truck and shoots into the windshield.  Then she grabs the wheel and turn it hard causing it to tip over.  The 18 wheeler slides on it side for hundreds of yards.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Klingo said:

She jumps out of the truck, gets on her enemies 18 wheeler truck and shoots into the windshield.  Then she grabs the wheel and turn it hard causing it to tip over.  The 18 wheeler slides on it side for hundreds of yards.

Seriously? Or are you joking?

If you read the google translation of that, there is a summary which is more detailed than we have been given, and may include spoilers or inaccuracies.... it does say it is in part in the US which would back up the Texas casting call.

19 minutes ago, Hermia said:

It sounds like a superhero origin movie :thinking:

Stupid question, i never heard of the books before, can this become a franchise?

I think it is setup to be a trilogy of books, with the same lead characters (with the first sequel already out):

http://www.simonandschuster.ca/series/The-Red-Sparrow-Trilogy

• Like 3

1 hour ago, trifle said:

Seriously? Or are you joking?

If you read the google translation of that, there is a summary which is more detailed than we have been given, and may include spoilers or inaccuracies.... it does say it is in part in the US which would back up the Texas casting call.

I am better than Google Translate. :D 

:apocalypse:

• Like 2