kayumanggi

RED SPARROW | 03.02.18 | Fox | Jennifer Lawrence

27 minutes ago, A District 3 Engineer said:

Francis spoke about it as recently as March (ish) saying it was probably the furthest of his projects along.  I THINK he mentioned Jen but am not sure.

Lawrence, who last directed The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2, is next directing Jennifer Lawrence in the spy thriller Red Sparrow and this would come after.

I hadn't heard anything about this for a while, so I was wondering if Jen was still attached.  Seems so!  So if it is coming out in November, 2017, they will probably be filming this fall/winter, after she is done filming the Aronofsky project.

http://deadline.com/2016/06/battlestar-galactica-francis-lawrence-lisa-joy-universal-pictures-1201770133/

55 minutes ago, antovolk said:

I know nothing about him.  Is he good?  Because I understand that is a complex part.

Of course, we don't know how deeply the movie will go into the complexities of either his part or Jen's.

Edited by trifle

."The two young intelligence officers collide in a charged atmosphere of trade craft, deception, and inevitably, a sexual attraction that threatens their careers and the security of America’s valuable mole in Moscow."

He is 41!! Maybe he doesnt play the lead male role ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hermia said:

."The two young intelligence officers collide in a charged atmosphere of trade craft, deception, and inevitably, a sexual attraction that threatens their careers and the security of America’s valuable mole in Moscow."

He is 41!! Maybe he doesnt play the lead male role ?

Sigh.... I'm sure he plays the lead role..... or at least Nash, the male lead.  She plays the lead role.

Edited by trifle

I was hoping that after casting Pratt opposite her for Passengers, maybe studios would start looking at some male leads closer to her age.  Pratt is already 10 years older than she is, but he's close enough that they look good together.

So this is scheduled for the end of 2017, and apparently Jen etc will be filming in Hungary.  The best I can get out of google translate indicates they don't know the exact dates but presume they have to start filming by the beginning of next year at the latest in order to make the scheduled release date.  .

http://www.origo.hu/filmklub/blog/keszuloben/20160914-jennifer-lawrence-jovore-magyarorszagra-jon-red-sparrow-frank-lawrence-joel-edgerton-budapest.html

Edited by trifle
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, trifle said:

So this is scheduled for the end of 2017, and apparently Jen etc will be filming in Hungary.  The best I can get out of google translate indicates they don't know the exact dates but presume they have to start filming by the beginning of next year at the latest in order to make the scheduled release date.  .

http://www.origo.hu/filmklub/blog/keszuloben/20160914-jennifer-lawrence-jovore-magyarorszagra-jon-red-sparrow-frank-lawrence-joel-edgerton-budapest.html

Pre-production starts in 1.5 months in Budapest, filming next year according to the article. Good to see Hollywood likes to film movies here even if sometimes Budapest is Moscow, lol. I can't wait to see Jennifer here. :)

• Like 3

19 hours ago, trifle said:

It should be moved anyway this release date is terrible 

I've started reading this and a big Q that came up - are Fox gonna make this PG-13? If Fincher was at the helm he could do whatever the hell he'd want, they wouldn't force him to shoot for the rating, with Lawrence helming on the other hand....the book certainly doesn't read like a PG-13 film.

• Like 1