kayumanggi

RED SPARROW | 03.02.18 | Fox | Jennifer Lawrence

3 hours ago, antovolk said:

I've started reading this and a big Q that came up - are Fox gonna make this PG-13? If Fincher was at the helm he could do whatever the hell he'd want, they wouldn't force him to shoot for the rating, with Lawrence helming on the other hand....the book certainly doesn't read like a PG-13 film.

I'm suspecting it is PG-13 but I don't know.  Do we know the budget? 

• Like 1

Jason Matthews is a retired officer in CIA's former Operations Directorate, now the National Clandestine Service. Over a thirty-three-year career he served in multiple overseas locations and engaged in clandestine collection of national security intelligence, specializing in denied area operations. 'Red Sparrow' is his first novel.

Edited by trifle

Just finished the second book (there is a third and final one out next May)....it won't be this film that'll piss off Russia, it'll be the sequel. If it gets made. And if they don't decide to write Putin out because politics. He's essentially a supporting role in this.

Let the casting speculation begin....

1 minute ago, antovolk said:

Just finished the second book (there is a third and final one out next May)....it won't be this film that'll piss off Russia, it'll be the sequel. If it gets made. And if they don't decide to write Putin out because politics. He's essentially a supporting role in this.

Let the casting speculation begin....

the dude from the danish girl obv.

CN1C-mIUAAA2J-U.jpg

• Like 9

I really wish they had/would cast someone younger for Nash.  Not only is Edgarton much older than Jen, Nash in the book is in his twenties -- not his forties.  No one has specifically said Edgarton is playing Nash, but he and Dominika are the two main characters, so..

Not that the studio is likely to ask me.....

Edited by trifle
  • Like 1

On 11/23/2016 at 10:33 AM, trifle said:

To be honest, I'd hope so.....but good.

....and no matter how many lessens she takes in the week or so between Passengers promo and when filming starts in January in the UK and Hungary, she is never going to get close to this guy's level:

This is shaping up to be interesting!

Honestly, I wish he could play Nash...

@angeldelmito this movie is shaping up!

Edited by trifle
  • Like 1