chasmmi

Chasmmi's Winter Game - Grey Ghost is the WINNER!

On 11/12/2015, 6:28:10, WrathOfHan said:

I never promised you anything :lol: That was a close one.

No, that's he thing. It wasnt a close one. You said It was between me and avi when I was never even in contention.... and neither was Avi..  It was always being won by darkelf and one other guy too was closer than either me or avi. If it had indeed been between avi and me as you said, I would have won... as I thought I did till the end :(. Both those guys closer than us had there posts on the second page while you were correct on all the others who were on the first page of the weekend thread. So I guess you probably just forgot to check the second page. Doesnt matter, I still highly appreciate you giving us the list of possible winners before all the waiting and hope you continue doing it :) , and was just kidding. Its just that it would have been better if I hadn't been sure of having won and then let down.

Edited by Infernus
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Infernus said:

No, that's he thing. It wasnt a close one. You said It was between me and avi when I was never even in contention.... and neither was Avi..  It was always being won by darkelf and one other guy too was closer than either me or avi. If it had indeed been between avi and me as you said, I would have won... as I thought I did till the end :(. Both those guys closer than us had there posts on the second page while you were correct on all the others who were on the first page of the weekend thread. So I guess you probably just forgot to check the second page. Doesnt matter, I still highly appreciate you giving us the list of possible winners before all the waiting and hope you continue doing it :) , and was just kidding. Its just that it would have been better if I hadn't been sure of having won and then let down.

Good life lesson here:

If someone you're competing with tells you something in regard to what you're competing over, it'd probably be a good idea to double check things yourself.

Edit - I mean, it was *probably* a simple oversight, rather than a careful bit of psychological warfare on the part of WrathofHan, but...

Edited by Wrath
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Wrath said:

Good life lesson here:

If someone you're competing with tells you something in regard to what you're competing over, it'd probably be a good idea to double check things yourself.

Edit - I mean, it was *probably* a simple oversight, rather than a careful bit of psychological warfare on the part of WrathofHan, but...

Trust me, it was a mistake :lol: When I do them again I'll double check.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grey ghost said:

Do you have an alarm on your phone?

Set one for Wednesday night and another for Thursday night. ;)

I tend to do these on Thursday nights but most Thursdays I end up coming home from work at 1am, and although I have the time to do it I just forget xD I should set an alarm for like 1.30am Friday morning.

• Like 2

Estimated Week 5 results: 

Part 1:

1. Will Spectre drop more than 54%? 2000 No

2. Will Peanuts gross more than the top two new releases combined gross? Yes

3. Will By The Sea have a PTA above $8000? Yes

4. Which of the top 3 new entries will have the best PTA? Prem Ratan Dhan Payo

5. Will Goosebumps stay above Bridge of Spies? Yes

6. Will The Intern stay in the top 10? No

7. Will Hotel Transylvania increase more than 115% on Saturday? Yes

8. Will The Martian make more than $1.6M on Sunday? 3000 Yes

9. Will Woodlawn stay ahead of Sicario? No

10. Will Everest cross $43M total Domestic? Yes

11. Will at least 2 films increase 150% on Friday? 2000 Yes

12. Will My All American debut in the top debut in the top 8? No

13. Will any film outside the top 15 this past weekend, jump into the top 15 this coming weekend? Spotlight, Suffragette 

14. Name any film that drops more than 60% (whilst remaining in the top 12[or choose none])? None

15. Will Spectre be pulled from theatres by the end of weekend in tribute to the wonder that was Jem? No

11/15 2000 bonus

12/15 3000 bonus

13/15 5000 bonus

14/15 7000 bonus

15/15 10000 bonus

Part 2. (5000 each)

1. What will be the combined 3 day gross of Spectre and Peanuts? 59.6M (misafeco is the closest with 60M, avi is second with 59M)

2. How many films in the top 25 will drop more than 47.5% this weekend (This is an experimental question that understands that multiple players could win this bonus)? Six (winners are avi and Exxdee. If it goes down to five, grey ghost and I win. If it goes up to seven, Chasmmi, Filmovie, misafeco, and Wrath win)

3. What will The Last Witch Hunter gross on Friday? 406k (avi is the closest with 400k, Telemachos is second with 395K)

Part 3.

3. Love the Coopers

5. The 33

8. Prem Ratan Dhan Payo

12. My All American

14. Burnt

Edited by WrathOfHan

Estimated SOTM 4 Results (I'm not checking for any potential different answers from Week 5):

damienroc: +20,000

glassfairy: +20,000

MovieMan89: +19,000

darkelf: +16,000

Filmovie: +13,000

Infernus: +13,000

Chasmmi: +10,000

Telemachos: +10,000

ThatOneGuy: +7,000

Wrath: +7,000

DAJK: +4,000

Exxdee: +4,000

kayumanggi: +3,000

misafeco: 0

Blankments: -3,000

grey ghost: -6,000

Jajang: -6,000

Kalo: -6,000

WrathOfHan: -6,000

avi: -32,000

MikeKaye42: -38,000

• Like 5

Except for the Saturday increase for HT2, I doubt any other answer will change. Martian's Sunday is also on edge but it is definitely going to only increase with the actuals. Of course, a 35% drop for Sicario instead of the estimated 29 and a 39% drop for WoodLawn instead of the estimated 43.7 could happen -_-.