kayumanggi

HIDDEN FIGURES | 12.25.16 | Fox | Stage musical in the works

I've actually changed my mind on this. Although i think the trailer is poorly pieced together and inconsistent in tone I think it looks good. It just wasn't what I expected when I heard of the movie. Hopefully it's good and gets awards attention. Definitely going to see it with my friends and maybe my mom

Edited by ban1o
  • Like 1

On August 16, 2016 at 3:50 PM, marveldcfox said:

looks good, but why is this releasing in January instead of December? Looks like the kind of movie that can get some oscar love.

Given that Birth of a Nation is looking pretty much fucked by controversy, I imagine this will get a qualifying release ahead of its January launch now.

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Given that Birth of a Nation is looking pretty much fucked by controversy, I imagine this will get a qualifying release ahead of its January launch now.

http://deadline.com/2016/08/hidden-figures-pharrell-williams-toronto-film-festival-academy-awards-nasa-1201804998/ 

It seems they are really trying to target a awards-qualifying release. They are planning to show scenes at this at TIFF and hoping to have this released in 2 cities in December. I've been hearing rumblings from people who work for Fox that they are very proud of the film 

Edited by ban1o

Now officially a 2016 release: it'll get a qualifying launch on Christmas Day.

That means:

20th Century Women

Hidden Figures

Live by Night

A Monster Calls

Patriots' Day

Silence

Will all be starting their qualifying runs on Christmas weekend. Oof. It'll be interesting to see how they fare PTA wise.