kayumanggi

HIDDEN FIGURES | 12.25.16 | Fox | Stage musical in the works

It's always nice to see a PG-rated film that actually deserves its rating. Seems like a late 80s/early to mid 90s PG-rated film (Steel Magnolias, A League of Their Own, My Girl, Phenomenon, Michael) as opposed to Disney, Pixar, DreamWorks, etc. 

Plus, Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel and Hundred-Foot Journey both got a PG in recent years, so it's not unprecedented for dramas skewing towards older adults getting a PG. 

1 hour ago, angeldelmito said:

deadass this is a great idea hfbsjbdsd hopefully the teachers/administrators look at this movie and think the same thing

HF has the history and math angles--twice as many field trip opportunities! NASA cooperated with the making of this, they have links to schools and the crowd pushing STEM studies would be supportive as well. Also, I think a movie with a message that women shouldn't be stereotyped or underestimated and can do anything they set their minds to, just might be...very timely, in January. :ph34r:

Good point about the PG rating not being the death knell for a movie appealing to a more mature crowd. 

• Like 2

It's only PG? This will be a big hit believe me parents will be taking their kids to see this. and teachers will take their students. African American churches will take the youths to see it too. Great idea. 

Let's just hope it gets good reviews. 

• Like 1

On 10/25/2016 at 10:24 PM, BoxOfficeChica said:

HF has the history and math angles--twice as many field trip opportunities! NASA cooperated with the making of this, they have links to schools and the crowd pushing STEM studies would be supportive as well. Also, I think a movie with a message that women shouldn't be stereotyped or underestimated and can do anything they set their minds to, just might be...very timely, in January. :ph34r:

Good point about the PG rating not being the death knell for a movie appealing to a more mature crowd. 

#oop, FTFM! Still this should get a healthy field trip audience.

HF it's going wide on January 6th now, can the title be updated please?

29 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I hope they attach this trailer with a big movie. It has all the makings of a leggy crowd pleaser plus Taraji has some boxoffice clout (No Good Deed, Think Like a Man movies). 

It was attached to fantastic beasts when i saw it.