Blankments

Room | Lenny Abrahamson| October 16, 2015

On the art house side of things, this is my pick of the year so far. It's deeply affecting and nothing felt contrived despite the subject matter. It won't leave you.

Could Tremblay actually get a nomination? I can't conceive of this movie without him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tau Ceti said:

On the art house side of things, this is my pick of the year so far. It's deeply affecting and nothing felt contrived despite the subject matter. It won't leave you.

Could Tremblay actually get a nomination? I can't conceive of this movie without him.

He is getting a lot of buzz. I'm pissed it is major category fraud, but it'd be super neat if he did!

I'm trying so hard to not be hyperbolic, but this is the best movie I've seen since Her. It's absolutely extraordinary. You must see it if it's playing near you. Two hours later and the entire film is swimming around in my head. So many brilliant moments of terror, pain, hope and love.

I don't know how much money it'll make or if it'll win any Oscars. Obviously in a perfect world, it would be make a lot and win all Oscars, but I'm just happy it was made. I can't wait to see it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

On 11/4/2015, 12:27:09, filmlover said:

What's the expansion plan for this? As in what cities on which dates?

I'm curious too. The slow burn has clearly worked well so far and its PTA hold this weekend was perfect. But I think there's a danger in waiting too long before an expansion. I hope to see 400 theatres next weekend. It's being compared to Whiplash and their pattern so far is similar but I think Room can outperform it if handled right.