kayumanggi

ALICE THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS | 222.4 M overseas ● 299.5 M worldwide

18 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

200m is impossible. Its more likely to miss 100m. For now I would put the gross between 100-150m. I think its missing 500m WW as well. 

Yeah, it looks like it's going to retain less than half of the original's audience, meaning sub-250M OS-China.

Maybe less than 400M WW? o.O

Just now, Omni said:

Yeah, it looks like it's going to retain less than half of the original's audience, meaning sub-250M OS-China.

Maybe less than 400M WW? o.O

Oh, nonononono....no less than $400M WW, please.......that's just wishful thinking.

Going under Narnia: Prince Caspian's $419M WW....is not happening. No way, no how.....even with Alice 2, having negative reception.

4 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Oh, nonononono....no less than $400M WW, please.......that's just wishful thinking.

Going under Narnia: Prince Caspian's $419M WW....is not happening. No way, no how.....even with Alice 2, having negative reception.

Thank you for the usual great syntax, I appreciate it.

There's one thing I couldn't understand about your deep reasoning: when you say "wishful thinking" do you even know what you're talking about?

9M projected Friday, looking like a finish around 100M.

Not looking good in China, Olive projected 60M.

Corpse predicted 65/70M for Japan months ago, when there wasn't any evidence about the absolute lack of buzz and interest in the film.

It looks like an epic fail in many of the markets in which it's opening (awful in Italy, looking very weak in UK, Germany, ...). Judging from the first numbers, it's doing something like 1/2 of X-Men.

At this point, it's perfectly rational to be skeptical about Alice 2 reaching Monster Hunt WW.

12 minutes ago, Omni said:

Thank you for the usual great syntax, I appreciate it.

There's one thing I couldn't understand about your deep reasoning: when you say "wishful thinking" do you even know what you're talking about?

9M projected Friday, looking like a finish around 100M.

Not looking good in China, Olive projected 60M.

Corpse predicted 65/70M for Japan months ago, when there wasn't any evidence about the absolute lack of buzz and interest in the film.

It looks like an epic fail in many of the markets in which it's opening (awful in Italy, looking very weak in UK, Germany, ...). Judging from the first numbers, it's doing something like 1/2 of X-Men.

At this point, it's perfectly rational to be skeptical about Alice 2 reaching Monster Hunt WW.

True. :)

But what i mean by "Wishful thinking".....i mean those who WANTS this film to fail at the box office. That's what i'm talking about. Those who prefer it to not succeed.

And, please....don't act like you're the smartest here and know what you're talking about......cause let's face it.....none of us in BOT, can be exactly correct predicting movies or be that intellectual.

Did you have movies that blows away your box office predictions before and went higher than predicted?

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

It's looking to drop 75% from the first one DOM as well as in a lot of OS territories. Take into consideration the poorer exchange rates and tougher competition than the first one  and I can't see how this does much more than $400m WW. It's shocking but this could conceivably do just barely more WW than the first did DOM. This weekend's numbers will tell us more.

Screendaily

Alice Through The Looking Glass posted an estimated $65m on its overseas debut in 43 territories, including $5.1m from IMAX screens.

China provided almost half of the weekend gross with a muscular $27.1m opening, making it the second highest Disney live action debut (non-Marvel/Star Wars) ever behind The Jungle Book.

Mexico ($5m), Russia ($4.6m), Brazil ($4.1m) and the UK ($3.2m) rounded off the top five biggest openings for the fantasy sequel this weekend. It lands in France and Hungary next weekend.

http://www.screendaily.com/news/disney-passes-4bn-at-global-box-office-in-2016-in-record-time/5104417.article?blocktitle=LATEST-FILM-NEWS&contentID=40562

It's looking at 80m dom with after a 28m 3-day (mid 30s 4 day).

Needs ~220m OS to get 300m WW.

After a 65m OS weekend which includes China, is 155m more OS possible (for 65 + 155 = 220m) ?

If not, it will miss 300m WW (350m WW is already gone I think).

Edited by a2knet

AiW remains to be one of the most benefited films by the 3D fever. I do not find any reason why this was able to gross over 1 billion, excepting everyone wanted to see films with glasses after Avatar.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Quigley said:

Horrible drop in Greece too. About -84.3% compared to Alice. For more comps with Disney live action films and for other data on this weekend's box office in Greece, click here.

Yikes, -84%!

So around 300-330WW then? I like to read these international pages to gain info, but when I'm not talking about the domestic box office I can get totally lost lol :)