kayumanggi

X-MEN: APOCALYPSE | 388.5 M overseas | 543.9 M worldwide

3 hours ago, superweirdo87 said:

Yeah. :( Quigley, what do you think for overseas total? 300M? 370M? It looks pretty bad.

I don't think it's gonna be that bad. But we could be looking at around $430-440M possibly? Europe will drop but Asia might stay relatively the same to DoFP. UPDATE: Also considering ER is much worse than 2014, it could go lower.

Edited by Quigley

On 5/13/2016 at 0:40 PM, IMojammer said:

80-100m China

290-320m Everywhere else

370-420m Total overseas

3 hours ago, Quigley said:

I don't think it's gonna be that bad. But we could be looking at around $430-440M possibly? Europe will drop but Asia might stay relatively the same to DoFP. UPDATE: Also considering ER is much worse than 2014, it could go lower.

About like that? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mojoguy said:

Where are the numbers? Christ! This movie feels so much like a nonevent with the lack of updates!

I felt the same these last few days, I've rarely seen such a lack of hype or excitement for such a big movie o_O

• Like 1

£2.1m Wed+Thu in UK.

DoFP made £1.6m OD Thu and £9.14m 4 day. So Apocalypse is definitely running behind, which was to be expected. Still, it should have a decent weekend, somewhere between £7-8m ($10-12m) full opening. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

And yet it's still going to nab between 500 and 600 million WW, gonna do fine. 

These days 500-600m WW for a big tentpole from an established franchise is not "fine" honestly, not with inflation, 3D and growing markets. Anything under 750-800m for such a movie is bad for me. Come on, Zootopia is close to $1B..

• Like 1

Thing is, aside from DOFP, X-Men movies typically stalled between 400 and 500 M WW before. So that's what I'm using as a barometer, and not it being a big tentpole film. It's all about context, CW just came out, there IS superhero fatigue just because it's 3 superhero films in like two months, so Apocalypse, plus the mixed reviews and lack of buzz is getting hit.

SO, considering the context, it's going to do "fine". 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Heretic said:

£2.1m Wed+Thu in UK.

DoFP made £1.6m OD Thu and £9.14m 4 day. So Apocalypse is definitely running behind, which was to be expected. Still, it should have a decent weekend, somewhere between £7-8m ($10-12m) full opening. 

What we have to remember though is that Wednesday has the 2 for 1 offer so that would have contributed to a lower gross on Wednesday. It should do a lot better from Fri-Sun.

1 hour ago, TimmyRiggins said:

Thing is, aside from DOFP, X-Men movies typically stalled between 400 and 500 M WW before. So that's what I'm using as a barometer, and not it being a big tentpole film. It's all about context, CW just came out, there IS superhero fatigue just because it's 3 superhero films in like two months, so Apocalypse, plus the mixed reviews and lack of buzz is getting hit.

SO, considering the context, it's going to do "fine". 

That is outdated thinking.

5-6 years ago 

Superhero Origin films did 300-500 million WW and the XMen films did similar.

Now a film like Ant Man does half a billion. 

Times have changed 

• Like 3

Will need to see how it performs in China, Presales in 1st and 2nd tier cities in China isn't that positive. It is released earlier than Warcraft in China, but presales is lagging to Warcraft by a lot.

WOM right now in many countries isn't that good, many fans inflating the reviews on many cinema websites here in Singapore but it increases expectations and thus created even more disappointment. 

29 minutes ago, moviesRus said:

That's not fine for a movie with a $240m budget. 

Exactly, 500-600m is a loss with that budget (and we haven't even taken Marketing Costs into consideration). Fox's future depends on Deadpool if this one flops. 
I love X Men, but this is not looking positive....

I agree that 500-600 is bad, especially with this budget. But I don't know about 750-800 for X-Men movies. No X-Men movie ever crossed 750, DoFP came in just under and that had the combined casts, strong reviews, and it won people over. Zootopia is family and kids friendly, really good, with amazing reviews.

Deadpool is definitely the future with Fox, when it comes to cash flow. One thing is that renewing the X-Men rights basically involves making movies. It is clear that a typical X-Men team movie is not going to play like a 700M+ tentpole without any kind of hook and strong reviews, so Fox needs to calibrated budget and expectations accordingly.

yeah, doing 600m or less than 700m is reallly really bad in this day and age. I cant understand how some people would be fine with that. We're talking about the f**** X-Men, not about a Cyborg movie. The X-Men is a mainstream superhero team, yeah the early movies did decent/mediocre numbers, but we are in 2016. And after Dofp finally breaking the 700m mark (same as Deadpool), doing now less than 700 is really dissapointing and bad for the studio. The franchise should continue the momentum of Dofp and Deadpool, doing less than 700 is not a good look for any studio with a superhero team, their main series.

The X-Men as a team and universe has much more boxoffice potential than 650-700m. Fox shouldnt be fine with that boxoffice. If that happens, they should really consider what is the big problem on here, or the problems, for that matter. We all know the series has more than one problem, lol.

Edited by XMenSaga

for some reason I dont believe the budget is that high. My guess is 200-220 at most. Fox is not famous for their huge budgets, lol. I dont see them now as confident giving XMen such a big budget. Its not like Dofp made 1 billion. But who knows...