kayumanggi

mother! | 09.15.17 | Paramount | Darren Aronofsky, Jennifer Lawrence | Razzie Awards frontrunner

On 10/6/2016 at 3:30 PM, trifle said:

Might they work together?  The Icelandic papers were saying he was working with Aronofsky on this film... are there ever more than two composers?

It'd be interesting, but I doubt it. There here have been occasions where directors have not used their primary composer for one reason or another, and composers have collaborated before, but I don't believe, that's the case this time around.

• Like 2

Of course I'm interested in this.  I kinda love that Aronofsky is now two deep on commercially successful films that did major bucks.  I figured he'd be like PTA but, nope, two strong performers.

Maybe Black Swan should be in the amazing box office runs threads.  Domestic is one thing but it's international is quite something too.

Edited by kowhite

2 minutes ago, kowhite said:

Of course I'm interested in this.  I kinda love that Aronofsky is now two deep on commercially successful films that did major bucks.  I figured he'd be like PTA but, nope, two strong performers.

Maybe Black Swan should be in the amazing box office runs threads.  Domestic is one thing but it's international is quite something too.

Yep Black Swan did blockbusters numbers in some markets, France for example.

• Like 1

Just now, kowhite said:

Natalie is better.  So is Jennifer (Connely).

Prize?  He already got that.

Note: I like JLaw just saying.  Maybe I prefer brunettes.

Not that hard to do for you since JLaw has been a brunette multiple times.

Well, this confirms that Clint Mansell will not be working on it, and has this from the composer:

“I was thrilled when Darren contacted me at the Toronto film festival last year and wanted to have coffee,” he wrote in an email to FACT.

“He told me about a couple of projects he was planning and had just seen Sicario and loved the film and the music. Then, a few months later, he sent me the script for his new film, which was the boldest and most exciting script I’d read in a long time. It was not a difficult decision to accept the job.

more at link: http://www.factmag.com/2016/10/12/johann-johannsson-to-score-darren-aronofsky-next-movie/

darren-aronofsky.jpg

Most of this has been posted over time, but it was scattered.  Since I am only supposed to post a portion of the article, I'm posting the part I think may not have been reported here.  There were a number of tweets by people who worked on the project or knew someone who did, (or said they did) who posted about the

5 Facts About Darren Aronofsky's Secretive, Untitled New Movie

By all accounts it also looks like the film will be a thriller and there was an intriguing tweet earlier last month that stated the cast and crew were shooting

Spoiler

in an "apocalyptic house that was upside down" and that the "set was real dirty and needed standby nurses." There were also "150 extras and some were instructed to say "help me." Whatever that means.

Intriguing. Maybe this is, in fact, a horror movie. Who knows. But what we do know are these 5 facts about the untitled project. ....

more at link: http://www.mrruimy.com/2016/10/5-facts-about-darren-aronofskys.html#disqus_thread

• Like 1

Also, imdb has been updated again and the cast list includes

Spoiler

refugees, at least one soldier as well as the autograph seeker paparazzi, good Samaritan

etc.

Spoiler

the tweet in my second spoiler tag is only visible to me when I am in edit mode. If people can't see it, I guess I could post it without the spoiler, it only gives categories of people who show up in the film and are listed on imdb.  I put it in a spoiler tag because it does give hints of the movie contents.

also:

Spoiler

Edited by trifle
  • Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 7:49 PM, kowhite said:

Natalie is better.  So is Jennifer (Connely).

Prize?  He already got that.

Note: I like JLaw just saying.  Maybe I prefer brunettes.

Natalie

Jennifer Connelly

Rachel

are all pretty women.

20 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Well, People is on it too so maybe there s some truth to it, we ll see.

The only picture is from August eating at a cafe at lunch.  They aren't even smiling at each other, and they were working on a movie at the time.  Since People doesn't name a source, I don't know if I believe it, but if it is true, I expect he'd be at the NY Passengers premier.  I find it difficult to believe, but neither are married and if they did want to date there's nothing standing in the way.

Edited by trifle
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, trifle said:

The only picture is from August eating at a cafe at lunch.  They aren't even smiling at each other, and they were working on a movie at the time.  Since People doesn't name a source, I don't know if I believe it, but if it is true, I expect he'd be at the NY Passengers premier.  I find it difficult to believe, but neither are married and if they did want to date there's nothing standing in the way.

Does People have a habit of lying or making up couples like other tabloids ?

I am not up to speed on the Tabloids game so I don't know, I remain skeptic too.

• Like 1