kayumanggi

mother! | 09.15.17 | Paramount | Darren Aronofsky, Jennifer Lawrence | Razzie Awards frontrunner

I don't even know why some people are claiming it, but good thing Aronofsky shut their mouths up!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Plenty of juicy bits revealed :

- people don't want to look at Aronofkski after they saw the film.

- set photographer was the photographer Jlaw is supposed to play on her Spielberg project.

Spoiler

- movie is shot like The Wrestler, everything is seen through Jlaw character's persepctive, POV plus her surroundings.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Boner Omega said:

That would be different.  The first time shes ever taken a part where she's older than the character she would be playing.

No, in the book, Katniss was 16. Jen was 20 when she got the part.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Plenty of juicy bits revealed :

- people don't want to look at Aronofkski after they saw the film.

- set photographer was the photographer Jlaw is supposed to play on her Spielberg project.

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler
"I think she hyperventilated and also kind of threw a rib out," he recalls. "During the big climax of the movie, I mean, she started..." He trails off, then gets an emphatic look on his face. "She really went there. The producers were freaking out. We had to sort of calm it down and then go for it again."

"There are these huge forces that are happening that you can look at and go, That's wrong, and yet,
no matter how much I scream about it, there's nothing I can do, and it keeps happening," he says. He pauses, shrugs, then comes to a conclusion about what he's willing to say: "I just wanted the movie to howl at the moon."

not sure of the original source for that. 

ah, it was an article/interview.

Edited by trifle

TIFF detailed synopsis! I put it in tags just in case:

"Jennifer Lawrence, Javier Bardem, Ed Harris, and Michelle Pfeiffer star in Darren Aronofsky's highly anticipated psychological thriller about a couple threatened by the arrival of univited guests to their tranquil home.A young, pregnant woman (Jennifer Lawrence) busies herself in a vast, unfamiliar house, trying to renovate it into submission. Her new, older husband (Javier Bardem) is a brilliant author, acclaimed all over the world for his insight into humanity and his mastery of language. They love each other deeply, so why are their days so fraught with tension? Why do small misunderstandings seem to pile up? Why do these newlyweds on the verge of welcoming new life into the world seem about to tear each other apart?Darren Aronofsky begins mother! in the unnerving tradition of Roman Polanski's Apartment Trilogy. His camera chases his characters, capturing glimpses of her fear or his aloofness just as they try to profess undying love for one another. This relationship is clearly teetering on a knife's edge. And then guests show up.Anxious and vulnerable, she just wants to be alone with her husband as they prepare for the baby. Why does he welcome strangers into their house? How can he be so oblivious to what she needs? Seen from a distance, this might look like a small domestic conflict, easily resolved. But as we're plunged into the heart of this fracturing relationship, the conflict takes on far bigger implications. Then it escalates. And escalates.Fans of Aronofsky's Black Swan and Requiem for a Dream will know he can wind dramatic intensity up to shattering effect. But this is new territory, even for him. Dazzling, shocking, and strangely satisfying, mother! is what movies were made for.

https://www.tiff.net/tiff/film.html?v=mother

• Like 3