kayumanggi

mother! | 09.15.17 | Paramount | Darren Aronofsky, Jennifer Lawrence | Razzie Awards frontrunner

2 hours ago, ChrisTelclear said:

http://www.indiewire.com/gallery/best-2010s-movie-posters-so-far-‎/#!1/aint-them-bodies-saints-2013/

List of best movie posters of the decade.  mother! made the list, #37.

and they apparently got enough feedback on the mother! inclusion to frame their tweet thusly:

We don't know much about "Mother!" yet, but it's already one of the best movie posters of the decade. Our full list: DCShXOVW0AAI78g.jpg

Edited by trifle
  • Like 2

https://twitter.com/JenLawFilms/status/875156545268576258

She looks gorgeous!  I hope there are a lot of scenes between her and Jen!  Although, I suppose it is still possible that she and Jen play the same character at different ages.

Edited by trifle
  • Like 3

With Wizard of Lies being a dud and the Murder on the Orient Express trailer being kind of weak I'm a bit worried about 2017 being Pfeiffer's year after all.

Image result for pfeiffer gif catwoman

Fortunately, Aronofsky is one of a handful of male directors who are actually better with female characters/actresses.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ddddeeee said:

With Wizard of Lies being a dud and the Murder on the Orient Express trailer being kind of weak I'm a bit worried about 2017 being Pfeiffer's year after all.

Image result for pfeiffer gif catwoman

Fortunately, Aronofsky is one of a handful of male directors who are actually better with female characters/actresses.

You wouldn't want her competing with herself, though.... she can only get a nomination for one movie, anyhow.... :P

But I hadn't heard that about Murder on the Orient Express. That's too bad, it has so much potential.

Edited by trifle

If that did refer to the trailer, it must just have been rated.

https://twitter.com/JenLawFilms/status/880196524986306561

Aronofsky did say that on the last day he was filming with digital cameras because there were going to be some special effects.

Edited by trifle
  • Like 1

On 6/12/2017 at 0:10 PM, WrathOfHan said:

You're comparing apples and oranges. Black Swan is the best comparison for mother! for several reasons:

1. It's from the same director and is said to be in the same vein as it

2. Aronofsky's last two films (Noah and Black Swan) were big hits

3. Jackie was a slow moving (though very unique) biopic that Fox Searchlight never bothered expanding wider

If House at the End of the Street can open to 12M, so can this.

Black Swan did not start wide, opened at the cusp of awards season and featured the frontrunner for Best Actress. By the time that the first batch of televised award nominations are announced, his new movie will have been playing for more than two months. How the movie plays after the opening is what people really need to be questioning, especially when a Blum House horror movie opens at the same time.                                

Edited by PenguinHyphy
  • Like 1

http://variety.com/2017/film/in-contention/midway-oscars-forecast-major-studios-aim-for-gold-with-spectacle-and-zeitgeist-1202479822/

DDl-Bz9XUAQ1LR2.jpg:large

On 6/29/2017 at 7:40 AM, PenguinHyphy said:

Black Swan did not start wide, opened at the cusp of awards season and featured the frontrunner for Best Actress. By the time that the first batch of televised award nominations are announced, his new movie will have been playing for more than two months. How the movie plays after the opening is what people really need to be questioning, especially when a Blum House horror movie opens at the same time.                                

Well who frontrunner for Best Actress was depended on that film opening, so that part is kind of circular.  The wide open is admittedly different.  And I agree on the traditional slasher opening the same day for the October 13 crowd being a factor.

It sounds like this is going to be terrifically strange, hopefully it will be terrific, as well.  Fingers crossed!

3 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Not a fan of Jlaw's, but goddess Pfeiffer is irressistible to me. 

So, nobody really knows what the plot is? I was assuming that Pfeiffer was playing the titular parent...

Aronofsky is going full JJ Abrams in regards to secrecy. :P

BTW, your avatar is the cutest ever. Is that from some WW cartoon/CB?