kayumanggi

mother! | 09.15.17 | Paramount | Darren Aronofsky, Jennifer Lawrence | Razzie Awards frontrunner

Here's a sort of weird wrap tape from early this morning, Aronofsky wanders in and out.  He told them not to walk through the set taping.

@CJohn could you please take 'mother' out of the title since the rumor that it was named that has been debunked? Thank you!

Edited by trifle
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

Love pretty much everyone involved with this project but it's all about Pfeiffer. Really hope this is finally a worthwhile role for her.

I'm here for Jen, but I really like Pfeiffer also.  I hope they play off of each other a lot in the movie.

Here's some twitter stuff.  There hasn't really been much on this movie:

Edited by trifle
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, trifle said:

Here's a sort of weird wrap tape from early this morning, Aronofsky wanders in and out.  He told them not to walk through the set taping.

@CJohn could you please take 'mother' out of the title since the rumor that it was named that has been debunked? Thank you!

What is the supposed new title?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CJohn said:

What is the supposed new title?

It doesn't have one.  Aronofsky is holding this whole thing almost neurotically close to his chest.  The working title was 'Day Six' but the studio said the 'Mother' title speculation was inaccurate. 

Jen picture having lunch in Montreal with Bardham and Penelope Cruz etc.

CqQ7kNkWAAAlVuv.jpg

1471635809-syn-mar-1471622745-elle-jenni

CqN3a7kWEAAJbce.jpg

Edited by trifle
  • Like 1

Confirmation on the composer and this:

His New Film Is a Mystery

Aronofsky also remained highly secretive regarding his latest project, which finished shooting a few weeks ago in Canada, with Lawrence, Domhnall Gleeson, Michelle Pfeiffer and Bardem among the cast. But a few details slipped out. Aronofsky mentioned as an aside that he shot the project on 16mm film. But he also revealed that for the final day of shooting, he worked with digital cameras for some of the CGI-heavy visuals that will be included in the film. But no news about the project was more exciting to the Icelandic audience was the fact that the Icelandic composer Jóhann Jóhannsson (“The Theory of Everything”) will be writing score.

The most tantalizing detail came up during a question about incorporating political messages in narrative work. “I think all my early films were more about ideas,” he said. “When it came to ‘Noah,’ there was this clear environmental statement in the original gospel, which was interesting to push forward. My latest project probably has similar political intentions behind it, but first and foremost responsibility as a narrative filmmaker is making something that is emotional and can connect with an audience.”

http://www.indiewire.com/2016/10/darren-aronofsky-reykjavik-film-festival-masterclass-1201735366/