kayumanggi

ANNABELLE: CREATION | 08.11.17 | Warner Brothers | trailer 2 on page 7

5 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

Zilch, even without the defence of big studio lawyer armies. The Warrens' stories aren't copyrightable IP's or even personal "real life stories" to which someone can buy sole rights for reproduction, but retellings of "historical events" that they happened to be involved in (highly embellished historical events but "historical" enough in this context). I don't know how the author can argue that he was duped by the Warrens into believing their recollections of events to be legit but then still considered them fictional enough to be copyrighted. :thinking:

Bigger question, when does he sue the Amityville people?

Annabelle: Creation doesn’t explore any new ground, either as a horror movie or as an entry in the expanding Conjuring universe, but it does manage to yield enough of the old school spookiness fans of this franchise expect and enjoy, while also providing a more emotionally satisfying tale than its predecessor.

IGN: 3.5/5

Between this and Lights Out, director David F. Sandberg is clearly one to watch. With Annabelle: Creation he manages to successfully do his own thing while still respecting a past installment – and considering how I felt about the past installment, that’s extremely impressive.

Collider: B+

Good review from BloodyDisgusting as well.

I doubt this is random. WB must be letting the reviews leak on purpose, to build hype. And it is working, seeing how Annabelle just popped up on all social media metrics. 

CARS3 and POTC5 have shown that you got to pay for your sins. I have no doubt that ANBLE2 will be better than ANBLE1 but bo should take some hit. 55-60 dom (still very good for horror) IMO. The horror audience has been starved this year so wonder if it could surprise.

4 minutes ago, a2knet said:

CARS3 and POTC5 have shown that you got to pay for your sins. I have no doubt that ANBLE2 will be better than ANBLE1 but bo should take some hit. 55-60 dom (still very good for horror) IMO. The horror audience has been starved this year so wonder if it could surprise.

Considering there hasn't been a big horror movie since the beginning of the year and seeing how it has a whole month to itself until IT comes out, if the reviews are good I could see this making 75-80m. Let's not forget that the first Purge was not well received either, yet the second one increased. I think smth like:

DOM: 75M

WW: 275M

9 minutes ago, James said:

Considering there hasn't been a big horror movie since the beginning of the year and seeing how it has a whole month to itself until IT comes out, if the reviews are good I could see this making 75-80m. Let's not forget that the first Purge was not well received either, yet the second one increased. I think smth like:

That would be great and so profitable for them.

3 hours ago, James said:

Ouija 2 had a bit of a drop from the first movie and the sequel got better reviews.