Kalo

How Many Oscars will The Force Awakens Be Nominated for?

What Oscars will The Force Awakens be nominated for?   

27 members have voted

1. 1. What will it get nominated for? how many will it get?

• Best Picture - J. J. Abrams, Kathleen Kennedy
    • Best Director - J. J. Abrams
    • Best Actress - Daisy Ridley
    • Best Actor - John Boyega
    • Best Original Screenplay - Lawrence Kasdan, J.J. Abrams, Michael Arndt
    • Best Supporting Actor - Harrison Ford, Oscar Isaac, Adam Driver, Mark Hamill, Andy Serkis ect...
    • Best Supporting Actress - Carrie Fisher, Gwendoline Christie, Lupita Nyong'o ect...
    • Best Original Score - John Williams
    • Best Visual Effects
    • Best Sound Mixing
    • Best Sound Editing
    • Best Make-up
    • Best Costumes
    • Best Cinematography
    • Best Film Editing
    • Best Original Song (if it even has one)
    • Art Direction/Set Design

If there is one Blockbuster series critics have a soft spot for it's Star Wars, the original was even nominated in the Best Picture category , and even the prequels were maybe even given more slack from critics then the GA. overall the star wars franchise has been nominated for 19 Oscars, in 11 categories including 9 wins (granted most were for the OT). I feel like the nostalgia factor and the fact that (from the looks of it) great care that was taken in making this film it will muster several nominations, visual effects and other technical awards are pretty much a given, original score seems incredibly likely, and high profile awards just may be a possibility. but what do you think?  

Previous nominations for Star Wars movies:

Best Art Direction 3x
Best Costume Design
Best Sound 4x
Best Film Editing 3x
Best Effects, Visual Effects 5x
Best Music, Original Score 3x
Best Picture
Best Actor in a Supporting Role
Best Director
Best Writing, Screenplay Written Directly for the Screen
Best Make-up 

Edited by Kalo
  • Like 1

Not acting.  You'd have to be Sir Alec Guiness to be nominated for acting in a Star Wars Film.

My guess, Sound, VFX and makeup with a good shot for score because it's Williams (even though they didn't nominate any of the prequel scores) and this year seems light on competition.

I'm going to say it gets 9, Best VFX, Sound, Sound editing, Make-up, Art Direction, score, Cinematography, Film editing and Best Picture. the last three are long shots but I'm hoping that it's that good. 

Right now I'm going with 4: Score, Production Design, Visual Effects, and Sound Editing. Tempted to put it in Picture, Screenplay, Sound Mixing, Makeup, and Costume Design. If the trailer is any indication it could get in Cinematography too.

Best production design wasn't on the list. It has a good shot at getting nominated for that. I'm thinking VFX, Score, both Sound catergories, and Makeup. Of those, VFX is a lock to win. The sound catergories are probably next, with Sound Mixing having a great shot. It does seem that the Oscar field this year is pretty weak (I wouldn't say any film that has been released outside the festivals would be a favorite for BP when it is all said and done). The Academy does reward monster films with bigger noms, as well as the fact that SW is traditionally well liked by the Academy, meaning that the TFA it may get a BP nom (along with some other big catergories), if it's really good.

• Like 1

Best production design wasn't on the list. It has a good shot at getting nominated for that. I'm thinking VFX, Score, both Sound catergories, and Makeup. Of those, VFX is a lock to win. The sound catergories are probably next, with Sound Mixing having a great shot. It does seem that the Oscar field this year is pretty weak (I wouldn't say any film that has been released outside the festivals would be a favorite for BP when it is all said and done). The Academy does reward monster films with bigger noms, as well as the fact that SW is traditionally well liked by the Academy, meaning that the TFA it may get a BP nom (along with some other big catergories), if it's really good.

Oh I thought I put that, it's added now, I agree that I think it will get nominated for that as well.

• Like 1

On 10/27/2015, 2:43:45, Dexter of Suburbia said:

sound categories and visual effects. Maybe score nomination.  By the way it would be up adapt screenplay since it based off the characters of Star Wars.   

I was wondering, wasn't 100% sure on it, but I have a feeling that it is a really unlikely nomination.