Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

2 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

Sorry that you all can't accept the fact that I work to make money. 

Experiment show that a lot of people decision making change when they hold a hot beverage, I would not assume that I really know why I do what a do, specially if it is something than almost everyone else do (and to not think that social conditioning/pressure/social status does not goes into, 0% into why I'm doing it)

• Community Manager
27 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

If someone gave you an onion, would you throw it away?

No? Id give it to someone else or do nothing with it.

10 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

Sorry that you all can't accept the fact that I work to make money. 

The fact that you are posting online here right now just proves our point that you aren't just making money to make money but your actual motivation is using the money to purchase a PC/phone/tablet as well as internet access to post online, not to mention the food that you've eaten due to the money you've spent to be alive to be posting on an online message board to begin with. 

Edited by DMan7

1 minute ago, DMan7 said:

The fact that you are posting online here right now just proves our point that you aren't just making money to make money but your actual motivation is using the money to purchase a PC/phone/tablet as well as internet access to post online, not to mention the food that you've eaten due to the money you've spent to be alive to be posting on an online message board to begin with. 

I'm at work. So, you're incorrect.

If you want to know subliminal motivation for making money, fine. Maybe all of the things y'all are arguing. But then that means you want everything explained to you like a child. Just accept something the way it's told to you sometimes.

Just now, ChipMunky said:

I'm at work. So, you're incorrect.

If you want to know subliminal motivation for making money, fine. Maybe all of the things y'all are arguing. But then that means you want everything explained to you like a child. Just accept something the way it's told to you sometimes.

So you accept my point that you aren't just making money to make money and that isn't an actual motivation but what you do with that money right?

• Community Manager

I totally buy Chip just wants to make money. Come on guys Lex's motivation half the time in media is to make money and that puts him at odds with Superman since he breaks the law to do so.

Let's use Civil War's Helmut Zemo to understand how a villain might work to move the film and at same time to be invested with motivation.

Helmut Zemo is a paramilitary from Sarkovia. A city that was destroyed by the attack of Ultron in Age of Ultron. The Avengers, a group of superheroes, saved the day in that opportunity, but saved the day for something that one of their own started: Ultron was the creation of both Tony Stark and Bruce Banner. Their idea was to create an armor shield to the world against alien threats like it happened with the Chitauri invasion in the first The Avengers. Zemo lost his wife, his children, his whole family and city. He blames The Avengers and wants to act revenge. But how, since he is just an ordinary guy and gods have failed before? Well, Zemo happens to be an excellent tactician and after a good time studying them, he manages a way to destroy The Avengers from within. It's a known fact in the MCU that Captain America and his friend from New York fought together against Nazis and Hydra in WW2. Black Widow in The Winter Soldier released all the information about the involvement between SHIELD and Hydra to the public. It took Zemo some time, but he stumbled into the Winter Soldier project and how SHIELD was actually covering up Hydra's actions to assassinate Howard Stark and Maria Stark, Tony Stark parents. Steve knew that since The Winter Soldier events, but held that information for himself. Zemo knows that, but he doesn't really know where Bucky Barnes aka The Winter Soldier is hiding. He incriminates him by exploding ONU's embassy in Vienna. What Zemo really wanted was irrefutable proof that Bucky indeed killed Howard and Maria Stark. He wanted Bucky to tell him The Winter Soldier project base. Disguising himself as a SHIELD's psychiatrist, he gets that information (I have some serious suspicions that this wasn't all of Zemo's plan and this won't be the last time we see Zemo, but I'll digress) and manages to escape. Zemo's plan wasn't to attract Cap and Iron Man to the Winter Soldier base. That was luck. His plan all along was to create a schism between what he reasonably saw as the two pillars of The Avengers: Cap and Iron Man. He wanted proof that Bucky killed the Starks, and maybe something else that it wasn't suicide, but once again, I'll not go there. It works because it's unfolded to the viewer why he did that. He is just a guy with some serious strategy skills that managed to broke The Avengers.

The reason to why he went through all this trouble was to destroy The Avengers from within. The motivation? The fact he lost everything. It works, and it works beautifully in the film. 

Spoiler

Now, what I think is that there's another misdirection going. Zemo had another plan going. That's why he doesn't bother with getting caught, even though he half assedly tries to kill himself with Panther stopping him. I think Zemo got a hold of the Winter Soldier serum. I even think it's implicit that he did. There's a scene in Civil War that hints that while he is alone there before finding the other soldier. But that's something they are probably setting it up for the future. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

I totally buy Chip just wants to make money. Come on guys Lex's motivation half the time in media is to make money and that puts him at odds with Superman since he breaks the law to do so.

It's not just to make money. It's because he wants to be seen as Earth's Superman. The human champion. He envies Superman, and that's why the COMIC BOOK Lex does what he does. Snyder's Lex didn't have a motivation. He just did stuff because evil and put Batman vs. Superman because and created Doomsday because. Hence why there isn't a motivation going.

Just now, ChipMunky said:

Zemo makes no sense. What does breaking up the Avenger's accomplish, for him? Nothing.

He lost everything and blames The Avengers. I think we have just seen step one of his plan, but you can't tell that it didn't make sense. I just explained why Zemo did what he did by heart, not just because I love the film, but because the film is coherent and makes sense. You can't do that with BvS without looking like a foul. Hence why a reply like the one you gave is the best you could even muster. 

2 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

Zemo makes no sense. What does breaking up the Avenger's accomplish, for him? Nothing.

Well Lex Luthor plot is fucking stupid, but despite being a generic villain, Zemo is better.

Just now, iJackSparrow said:

He lost everything and blames The Avengers. I think we have just seen step one of his plan, but you can't tell that it didn't make sense. I just explained why Zemo did what he did by heart, not just because I love the film, but because the film is coherent and makes sense. You can't do that with BvS without looking like a foul. Hence why a reply like the one you gave is the best you could even muster. 

Didn't he try to kill himself after?

• Like 1

Just now, iJackSparrow said:

Did he? Or that's what he wanted Panther to think? Is his plan over? I think it isn't. It's heavily hinted it isn't.

lol what? That's a HUGE reach. So now he wanted Panther to think he's suicidal and wanted to be captured?

• Like 1