Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

11 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

WHAT?

Seriously?

Is this related to the Charlottesville tragedy?

He also had a major breakdown in the politics thread.

Edited by YourMother

Everyone is having breakdowns now. It's either hate-spewing maniacs or fanatism-driven idiots (in all sides, not just one). You know the one thing that I really envy hipsters for? They don't even know the meaning of the word "hate". It's all fun, songs and weed. Too bad that a website designed to celebrate a form of global entertainment hasn't quite gotten there yet.

Sometimes when I look at this guy I think: how THE FUCK can someone dare to call this dude a hater? A passionate fanboy? Hell yeah. But a hater? Fuck THE FUCK off.

There's way too much love for the superhero genre and the lessons it taught me throughout my entire fucking life to be part of petty flame wars or to let me be defined by any kind of fucking fandom. When I fight is very much against this kind of thinking. I'm way too cool for this bullshit. :) 

Edited by iJackSparrow
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, iJackSparrow said:

Sometimes when I look at this guy I think: how THE FUCK can someone dare to call this dude a hater? A passionate fanboy? Hell yeah. But a hater? Fuck THE FUCK off.

There's way too much love for the superhero genre and the lessons it taught me throughout my entire fucking life to be part of petty flame wars or to let me be defined by any kind of fucking fandom. When I fight is very much against this kind of thinking. I'm way too cool for this bullshit. :) 

You need to put the booze down and eat a sandwich. :P

3 minutes ago, AndyK said:

You need to put the booze down and eat a sandwich. :P

No, sandwich has carbs, and carbs are bad for you. Meat. Meat is where's at. I'm going for the Bruce Lee / ripped but skinny look, but yeah, for that I have to lay off the booze a little bit. :lol:

Edited by iJackSparrow

8 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

No, sandwich has carbs, and carbs are bad for you. Meat. Meat is where's at. I'm going for the Bruce Lee / ripped but skinny look, but yeah, for that I have to lay off the booze a little bit. :lol:

Christ you do actualy look like him....:insane:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR72Q-jJA0txnr1yR_MDFv

• Like 1

4 hours ago, iJackSparrow said:

There's way too much love for the superhero genre and the lessons it taught me throughout my entire fucking life to be part of petty flame wars or to let me be defined by any kind of fucking fandom. When I fight is very much against this kind of thinking. I'm way too cool for this bullshit. :) 

Wait, are you still coming at me? XD I didn't call YOU a hater, that was meant towards Mr. Bigotry himself BKB. Also, for someone who claims to be "too cool for that bullshit", you get involved in petty flame wars quite an ironic lot.

...but I'll be the better man here and admit that I f'ed up when I insulted you in the 1st place. That was a very misguided way of putting things in perspective, and I apologize for that. So, there you go, I'm not a complete asshole as you think. Maybe much less so than somebody else would be.

15 minutes ago, JB33 said:

BKB was defending Nazis? What the actual fuck? What was his breakdown over anyway?? Obviously this is regarding Charlottesville, but I mean specifically.

Quite frankly, I don't know much either, but he was just spewing venom about how the BLM Group and how "they did it and every black person on the forum cheered" or something like that. All I know is that he got permabanned for his defense of white supremacists.

The cutest thing about the Wonder Woman thing is how  people went nuts over

a nicely done and well told movie, it was so schocking after the 2016 events people convinced themselves they saw something unique, like you know, a landmark film, and not just a nice riff on Superman'78 and Captain America : The First Avenger.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, JB33 said:

BKB was defending Nazis? What the actual fuck? What was his breakdown over anyway?? Obviously this is regarding Charlottesville, but I mean specifically.

He said something along the lines of not feeling sorry for the counter protester who was run over and killed and that she shouldn't have been there in the first place. Also numerous deflections in the form of whataboutism about Antifa and BLM in the face of this tragedy.

Overall, he didn't explicitly say that he supported the nazis, but his dog whistles were so loud, he might as well have come out and just said it.

Snyder destroyed Superman as a character.

Superman in these DCEU films is unlikeable, brooding, mopey and a killer. He looks miserable in all the scenes of him rescuing people in BvS. The people also hate his guts which is the cherry on top.

The character has been so badly written, I don't even want to see him in Justice League.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Futurist said:

a nicely done and well told movie, it was so schocking after the 2016 events people convinced themselves they saw something unique, like you know, a landmark film, and not just a nice riff on Superman'78 and Captain America : The First Avenger.

I guess wonder woman and her failings at understanding human nature is pretty compelling as well. And unlike the likes of CA ,superman 78, and Thor, wonder woman does never turn into parody or something stupid GA can laugh about. it's both a fantastic piece of action, and a film which underlines how strange humanity is. Everyone should be (and probably also wants to be) wonder woman, but somewhy thats not the case. 

Best cbm ever.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Futurist said:

^^^Still salty at Wonder Woman  being better than all the crap that Miss-I'm-So-Adorably-Clumsy-And-Relatable (But-I-Will-Scratch-My-Butt-with-Religious-Relics-from-Another Culture) has done. :D 

#byeGurl

Edited by Cochofles