Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

Just like they're waiting to slot all of their films until JL, I believe they'll wait for JL to announce anything regarding directors.

This is all very much up in the air. The rest of the universe depends on how JL is received.

The only reason I don't want JL to flop is because it would damage the brand and we might get much less films from DC in the future.

But I want it to kind do mediocre numbers so WB will get the message that they need to make better movies... so BvS numbers?

One thing is for sure, JL is going to be divisive as hell because Snyder is directing it. Edited by Mojoguy

1 hour ago, Mojoguy said:

BvS made money, disappointment still, but so what? Doesn't mean it isn't trash like all the Bay Transformers sequels.

Also Ant-Man had a ton of heart and Scott feels like a real human being with flaws.

BvS feels like it was directed by a 15 year old fanboy or like a 10 year old making two action figures fight each other. The problem with the movie is that all the grimdark stuff is laughable bad, it's the reverse of all the campy crap from Batman & Robin. Lex Luthor himself felt like he stepped out of a cartoon.

Stop trying to use your opinion as fact. You're sounding like a Trump supporter at this point.

The Transformers movies are trash to me too, but our opinion doesn't matter. People like the Transformers franchise (well, at least they used to), and that's a fact.

It's also a fact that BVS made a ton of money on box office and later on home video, it had high ratings on TV, its spin-off made a ton of money this Summer and its sequel is getting high trailer views. 

So, I can say objectively that Zack Snyder didn't ruin Superman for audiences. Or Batman, or Wonder Woman, or Lex Luthor.

Not at all.

There are plenty of people that think Superman has been mishandled. Superman is a sad confused mess in these DCEU films. He has been heavily criticized in the media. He hasn't really grown or evolved and it took 95% if BvS to move him along.

You like him? That's fine, but I don't.

Opinions about the character are divided at best.

27 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Stop trying to use your opinion as fact. You're sounding like a Trump supporter at this point.

The Transformers movies are trash to me too, but our opinion doesn't matter. People like the Transformers franchise (well, at least they used to), and that's a fact.

It's also a fact that BVS made a ton of money on box office and later on home video, it had high ratings on TV, its spin-off made a ton of money this Summer and its sequel is getting high trailer views. 

So, I can say objectively that Zack Snyder didn't ruin Superman for audiences. Or Batman, or Wonder Woman, or Lex Luthor.

Stop engaging him.

Let him chase his tail.

• Like 2

I really do hope and pray JL can be saved. It's a shame when I have more optimism for a 3rd Thor movie after his first two snoozefests than I do for JL. It's because Thor didn't keep the hack that directed the second film.

Really disliked Thor 2. Thor 3 looks really cool.

• Like 1

I'm not entirely sure how many around here are actual comic book readers, but if I could recommend ONE book from each DC and Marvel from last week would be this two:

1. Tom King's Mister Miracle #1. Without spoilers, but this might be the best use of Darkseid in decades. And no, that's not a spoiler. Tom King came to DC after writing what many call the Watchmen of the Marvel Comics, which is the Vision's 12 issues last year. I think he won an Eisner for that, and at the very least was indicated. 

2. Dan Slott's Amazing Spider-Man #31. The beginning of the conclusion of the saga that made Spider-Man a CEO as big - if not bigger - than Tony Stark. Spider-Man vs. Dr. Octopus, the type of story that people will be saying for years that are one of Spider-Man highlights. For better understanding, go with issues #29 and #30 first. 

Edited by iJackSparrow
  • Like 1

To be fair I do have some hope for JL now so that's something.

EDIT:

I'm not interested in just talking about my disappointment towards DC by the way. Marvel has disappointed me before as well. I'm not interested in the Marvel fanboy "they have a perfect record" nonsense. Iron Man 2 exists, The Incredible Hulk (which was kinda a flop) exists and so do the first two Thor movies. I'm not keen on Age of Ultron either.

Edited by Zakiyyah6

@grim22 I just wanted to thank you for making that other dc forum so we can actually talk about the movie and not have certain people ruin it for everyone else. This thread has turned into an even bigger mess then the other JL one. 

• Like 5

Nah. First Cap is leaps and bounds better than first Thor or Thor 2. First Cap is fucking great, and it only got better throughout the sequels. Cap has arguably the best superhero trilogy as far as my opinion goes. It's not better than either Batman Begins or Iron Man, but the trilogy itself is more consistent. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iJackSparrow said:

Nah. First Cap is leaps and bounds better than first Thor or Thor 2. First Cap is fucking great, and it only got better throughout the sequels. Cap has arguably the best superhero trilogy as far as my opinion goes. It's not better than either Batman Begins or Iron Man, but the trilogy itself is more consistent. 

Civil war was a clusterfuck.

That and AoU are the worse films in the MCU.

Mind you  I haven't seen Ant Man.

Edited by AndyK

38 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

Cap 1 < BB

Cap 2 < TDK

Cap 3 AT BEST = TDKR

So...

Cap 1 < IM1

Cap 2 > IM2

Cap 3 > IM3

That's not how I see it. I'll rate what are arguably the three "best" superhero franchises so far:

BB 4.5/5

TDK 5/5

TDKR 3.5/5

IM 5/5

IM2 3.5/5

IM3 4.5/5

CA 4/5

CA2 5/5

CA3 5/5

3 minutes ago, AndyK said:

Civil war was a clusterfuck.

Civil War is my favorite superhero film of all time. It's critically and publicly acclaimed and I think it's more than justified. It's just like TDKR, when it comes to someone disliking it. I have several problems with TDKR, but I recognize that for the majority, that's a great film.