Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

• Community Manager
On 05/04/2017 at 8:47 AM, damnitgeorge08 said:

Netflix marvel has dropped hard after daredevil season 1. There is still a lot of time before superhero shows get something like game of thrones.

No superhero show has really tried to be like Game of Thrones so irrelevant comparison.

• Community Manager
8 minutes ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

I meant in breaking out to masses. Do you meant that too?

I would argue only Agents of SHIELD and maybe Supergirl during its CBS season have tried to "break out to the masses".

The CW is very niche and even though their superhero shows now dominate it, it never was going to go mainstream. Netflix is great and without viewer numbers its hard to tell how well the shows did in comparison to Game of Thrones but they expressely went more dark and thus limited the chance of breaking out.  Legion ended up being too weird to break out like that.

AoS did succeed in getting a large audience but lost most of it due to a mediocare bland first season. It is amazing now but niche. Supergirl had its own issues.

Once again though Game of Thrones success is really only matched now by comic book show The Walking Dead, which has tricked people into thinking its good and fun. I dont think its a fair comparison to make between the superhero shows and a fantasy surprise hit on HBO.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Yeah, keep telling yourselves Chris Evans is good as Captain America, maybe one day it will become true.

I just have to ask you, how does your constant bashing of MCU and its (very talented) actors and actresses benefit you or the DCEU? Will your determination to present Chris Evans as a bad actor suddenly make BvS a good movie? It's fanboys like you that ruin stuff for us normal people that just want to enjoy a movie with great superheroes that we've known since childhood. 

I read a lot of comics as a kid, but not superhero comic books, something I regret to this day, and I thought about starting to read them, but I don't know from where to begin. I'm much more into Marvel's characters nowadays, but I heard their comics suck these days, so I might just wait 'til they pull their sh*t together. So basically, all my knowledge of comic book characters comes from movies. I thoroughly enjoyed Superman and Batman's movies (even Batman and Robin) as a kid, and The Dark Knight Trilogy are at the top of my favourite CBMs, but even I have to admit that DCEU pretty much sucks (even the name is stupid), and denial will not fix it. So, instead of trashing people at Marvel for doing their job really well, you can critically think about those movies you glorify as masterpieces, even though I'm convinced that deep inside yourself you are aware that they are not really good.

Edited by Titan Man

1 hour ago, RandomJC said:

So...what if I say I think Gal Gadot is good, but I also think Chris Evans is good? Am I only half right? am I half wrong? Or am I stating an opinion that is neither right nor wrong.

Dude, you have to choose a side!

• Like 1

12 year old fan talking to Justice League cinematographer. 

vdW2Egy.png

fabianwagner78 No doubt the most fun day I ever had shooting and one of my favourite shots #justiceleague #batman #setlife #dc #cinematography

rogerrabbiit That's your favorite shot???? It's so dark and I can't barely see anything. This movie is going to suck.
rogerrabbiit Justice league is going to suck
rogerrabbiit You suck
rogerrabbiit Justice league is a hot garbage
rogerrabbiit Cyborg looks like a CGI mess.
rogerrabbiit Zack Snyder sucks
rogerrabbiit Zack Snyder should get fired

21 minutes ago, YSLDC said:

12 year old fan talking to Justice League cinematographer. 

vdW2Egy.png

fabianwagner78 No doubt the most fun day I ever had shooting and one of my favourite shots #justiceleague #batman #setlife #dc #cinematography

rogerrabbiit That's your favorite shot???? It's so dark and I can't barely see anything. This movie is going to suck.
rogerrabbiit Justice league is going to suck
rogerrabbiit You suck
rogerrabbiit Justice league is a hot garbage
rogerrabbiit Cyborg looks like a CGI mess.
rogerrabbiit Zack Snyder should get fired

...that's just depressing.

• Like 1

• Community Manager
1 hour ago, chrisman0606 said:

Napoleon is an example of a DC Fanboy.

Man you just don't get it. DCEU is poetry. Just fucking poetry man. Like how Superman spent the whole moving brooding over whether or not he should be a hero, repeating his whole character arc for MoS for no reason. Or like how Batman was totally dark and sentencing people to death by branding them despite that making no sense. Or how the movie was so busy trying to give freshman college hot takes on power that it forgot basic filmmaking stuff like good editing. But Napoleon gets it.

Seriously the CW DC shows are so much better than the DCEU even with the weaker seasons.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Water Bottle said:

Seriously the CW DC shows are so much better than the DCEU even with the weaker seasons.

The Lego Batman Movie was the best theatrical DC movie since The Dark Knight.

• Like 2

• Community Manager
3 minutes ago, Robertman2 & Knuckles said:

For you

I liked TDK and TDKR better than Lego Batman Movie. Then again I haven't decided yet if TDKR is better than TDK or not but....Lego Batman was only a B+. :)

Here is is this from A Comic Book movie:

Spoiler

From The Deadpool Short:

The Old Man and the Sea is the story of a fight between an elderly, accomplished fisherman, Santiago, and a really big fish. Like... HUGE. The story opens with Santiago suffering eighty four days without catching a fish because he's the unluckiest son of a bitch on planet Earth. Honesty, if you were in a boat for eighty-four days, it'd be hard NOT to catch a fish... even by accident. Santiago was so unlucky that his apprentice, Manolin, was forbidden by his Ma and Pa to fish with him. But as the Fresh Prince used to say, "Parents just don't understand". So the boy visits Santiago's shack anyway, ignoring the inherent risks of unsupervised playtime with an elderly man who talks to himself. Manolin helps out, moving Santiago's fishing gear, making food, and talking about baseball. Especially Joe DiMaggio, who used to bump fuzzies with Marilyn Monroe. The next day, Santiago tells Manolin that he's going way out into the gulf Stream. WAY OUT north of Cuba. Lady Luck is returning. On the eighty-fifth day of his crappy luck, Santiago drops his lines and by noon, gets a bite from what feels like a big-ass fish. He's sure he's a winner. He fights and fights and fights and fights but can't pull the monster in. Santiago's leaky old boat is pulled by the fish for two days and nights as he holds on for dear life. Even though he's bloody and beat, Santiago begins to appreciate this mighty adversary. He starts calling him "Brother" or maybe even "Bro". It's sort of a love story if you really think about it. And like most romantic comedies, the reader pictures a delightful outfit changing montage, followed by the inevitable interspecies wedding. But on the third day, Santiago is freakin' EXHAUSTED, and decides he just wants the fish to do what he says and not always swim wherever it wants. So he stabs it. With a fucking harpoon. It's a mess. Super gross. Blood everywhere. Because, like many men his age, Santiago has difficulty expressing his emotions and fears with words instead of giving in to base desires and imposing his gigantically terrible position on any given subject through unblinking violence. Typical. Anyway, he straps the marlin to the side of his skiff and hits the road home, ready to act like a total show off to everyone and probably gouge people on the price. But guess what? Pretty soon sharks begin to attack the bleeding marlin's carcass, because as we all know, life is a tragic opera and just when you think you've finally found something good and true, sharks come along and rip it all to fucking shreds while dry-humping your dignity with their crazy-weird shark dicks. Sure, Santiago tries killing a few of them, but drops his harpoon because his hands are just as old as he is. By nighttime, the sharks have pretty much eaten the entire marlin. Only a bleach-white skeleton remains, silently mocking him in the murky darkness. Santiago realizes he's still unlucky, REALLY unlucky (DUH!) Ma calls the sharks "dream killers". Which isn't really all that fair, I mean, the sharks were just doing their job and the marlin... Jesus, don't even get me started on the marlin. It was just hanging out one day, minding it's own business, maybe thinking about ways it could be a better provider for it's family and WHAM! Harpoon in the brain. Who's the "dream killer" now, fuckface! The hypocrisy is pretty much boundless at this point. Eventually Santiago makes it ashore. Leaving the bones of the marlin and the boat, he hobbles to his shack. He makes it home and crashes, like I said - He's super tired. The next morning, a group of fisherman gather around Santiago's boat. One measures the skeleton and, holy shit shingles! It's over 18 feet! The head of the fish is given to Pedrico (Strange that this is the first mention of him) and the other fishermen ask Manolin to send their glad tidings to the old man. Manolin brings Santiago newspapers and coffee when he wakes and they decide to fish together again. Many years later, there's a Red Lobster restaurant in nearly every city in America, offering a casual dining experience and convenient parking.

8 hours ago, Water Bottle said:

I would argue only Agents of SHIELD and maybe Supergirl during its CBS season have tried to "break out to the masses".

The CW is very niche and even though their superhero shows now dominate it, it never was going to go mainstream. Netflix is great and without viewer numbers its hard to tell how well the shows did in comparison to Game of Thrones but they expressely went more dark and thus limited the chance of breaking out.  Legion ended up being too weird to break out like that.

AoS did succeed in getting a large audience but lost most of it due to a mediocare bland first season. It is amazing now but niche. Supergirl had its own issues.

Once again though Game of Thrones success is really only matched now by comic book show The Walking Dead, which has tricked people into thinking its good and fun. I dont think its a fair comparison to make between the superhero shows and a fantasy surprise hit on HBO.

Great writeup. Made me agree with you.

I was just watching american gods and thought there is no superhero show like that while in comic books thete are many great storylines.

I think I wrote that comment in frustration by not liking these superhero shows rather than logical.

• Like 2