Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

6 hours ago, Water Bottle said:

Man you just don't get it. DCEU is poetry. Just fucking poetry man. Like how Superman spent the whole moving brooding over whether or not he should be a hero, repeating his whole character arc for MoS for no reason. Or like how Batman was totally dark and sentencing people to death by branding them despite that making no sense. Or how the movie was so busy trying to give freshman college hot takes on power that it forgot basic filmmaking stuff like good editing. But Napoleon gets it.

Seriously the CW DC shows are so much better than the DCEU even with the weaker seasons.

:lol:

16 hours ago, Water Bottle said:

Man you just don't get it. DCEU is poetry. Just fucking poetry man. Like how Superman spent the whole moving brooding over whether or not he should be a hero, repeating his whole character arc for MoS for no reason. Or like how Batman was totally dark and sentencing people to death by branding them despite that making no sense. Or how the movie was so busy trying to give freshman college hot takes on power that it forgot basic filmmaking stuff like good editing. But Napoleon gets it.

Seriously the CW DC shows are so much better than the DCEU even with the weaker seasons.

BVS is part of a shared universe, there are some stuff that will be given proper context in future movies, like WB is doing now with Wonder Woman explaining how she came to the point where she was in the events of BVS. Some of Batman's actions are not explained but the movie makes it clear that he went through a lot already, and that will be addressed in the future. You may not like this, but it's beyond stupid to be mocking people who didn't mind things being left to be explained. Nobody is saying the DCEU is poetry or too smart to understand, it's just that some of you are nitpicking stuff that do not compromise the understanding or enjoyment of the film. I hope you start having more respect for other people's opinions.

• Community Manager
52 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

BVS is part of a shared universe, there are some stuff that will be given proper context in future movies, like WB is doing now with Wonder Woman explaining how she came to the point where she was in the events of BVS. Some of Batman's actions are not explained but the movie makes it clear that he went through a lot already, and that will be addressed in the future. You may not like this, but it's beyond stupid to be mocking people who didn't mind things being left to be explained. Nobody is saying the DCEU is poetry or too smart to understand, it's just that some of you are nitpicking stuff that do not compromise the understanding or enjoyment of the film. I hope you start having more respect for other people's opinions.

LOL. I didn't need Wonder Woman's or Batman's actions explained. What I did need explained is why prisoners would kill people with the Batman branding. I don't follow that logic. And honestly, if we nitpick, it's because the movie isn't compelling or good. Nobody really nitpicks a movie they love even if it has many things to nitpick.

The real issue with BvS is not explaining Lex Luthor's real motives. He was less an evil genius and more of an evil madman who put jolly ranches in people's mouths like a creep. But even with the extended cut, he has no reason to want to kill Superman, no reason to pit Batman against Superman, and absolutely zero reason to release an unkillable krypton monster on Earth in case Batman failed to kill Superman.  A future movie addressing why Lex Luthor did anything he did in BvS doesn't mean BvS gets a pass.

There's nothing wrong with leaving some things unexplained: there is everything wrong when you leave critical things unexplained. But lol at this argument that future films will put things in context. A movie should be able to stand on it's own even in a shared universe or franchise.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

LOL. I didn't need Wonder Woman's or Batman's actions explained. What I did need explained is why prisoners would kill people with the Batman branding. I don't follow that logic. And honestly, if we nitpick, it's because the movie isn't compelling or good. Nobody really nitpicks a movie they love even if it has many things to nitpick.

The real issue with BvS is not explaining Lex Luthor's real motives. He was less an evil genius and more of an evil madman who put jolly ranches in people's mouths like a creep. But even with the extended cut, he has no reason to want to kill Superman, no reason to pit Batman against Superman, and absolutely zero reason to release an unkillable krypton monster on Earth in case Batman failed to kill Superman.  A future movie addressing why Lex Luthor did anything he did in BvS doesn't mean BvS gets a pass.

There's nothing wrong with leaving some things unexplained: there is everything wrong when you leave critical things unexplained. But lol at this argument that future films will put things in context. A movie should be able to stand on it's own even in a shared universe or franchise.

BVS is a GREAT MOVIE. DEAL WITH IT!

• Like 1

• Community Manager
9 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

BVS is a GREAT MOVIE. DEAL WITH IT!

That Catwoman movie with Halle Berry? Better than BvS.

That Batman and Robin movie? Better than BvS.

That Daredevil movie with Ben Affleck? Better than BvS.

I haven't seen it but I imagine even the Jennifer Garner Elektra movie is better than BvS.

Fant4stic? All the Fantastic Four movies are better than BvS.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

I haven't seen it but I imagine even the Jennifer Garner Elektra movie is better than BvS.

I know I was just being sarcastic when I said that. lol

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

I have seen Garner's Elektra and yep, better than BvS. Also, Steel: better than BvS. Howard The Duck: a masterpiece next to BvS. Supergirl? Same. 

Edited by iJackSparrow
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

76a3249156afcedf85b0a7d4982d84f93b4a87b1

:P

but seriously, I don't agree with you, but I have no problems with anyone feeling the way you do.  I guess that means I am too level headed for this thread :P 

• Like 2

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, 75live said:

76a3249156afcedf85b0a7d4982d84f93b4a87b1

:P

but seriously, I don't agree with you, but I have no problems with anyone feeling the way you do.  I guess that means I am too level headed for this thread :P 

Hey BvS is at least better than SS.

• Like 1

Just now, Water Bottle said:

Hey BvS is at least better than SS.

lol

I may agree with you there, but I know you mean it in more of a backhanded compliment so well played ;) 

22 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

The movie did explain the motives behind what Lex did. And BVS does stand on its own. You don't need to watch anything else to understand and enjoy it. It's a very simple story of Batman vs Superman that starts and ends. There are a lot of hints of what happened before and what consequences the events in the film will bring in the future, but nothing that compromises the understanding or enjoyment of BVS.

40 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

If it was a regular user posting this kind of trolling, probably thread-banned for a month. 

46 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Umm... No.

But I'm not going to argue with this idiotic post.

• Like 2

• Community Manager
9 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

The movie did explain the motives behind what Lex did. And BVS does stand on its own. You don't need to watch anything else to understand and enjoy it. It's a very simple story of Batman vs Superman that starts and ends. There are a lot of hints of what happened before and what consequences the events in the film will bring in the future, but nothing that compromises the understanding or enjoyment of BVS.

He went on wild tangents about gods and devils and blah blah blah and nope still don't know why he did it. Just incompetent storytelling in that movie.

7 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

If it was a regular user posting this kind of trolling, probably thread-banned for a month. 

It's not trolling if it's the truth.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

He went on wild tangents about gods and devils and blah blah blah and nope still don't know why he did it. Just incompetent storytelling in that movie.

It's not trolling if it's the truth.

It's not the storytellers fault you didn't get while millions did.

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, Napoleon said:

It's not the storytellers fault you didn't get while millions did.

Right. Yeah, millions "did". Can you explain to me why did Lex Luthor do anything he did in the movie, since you are so much more enlightened?

And maybe you can explain it to the millions who clearly didn't:

http://www.vulture.com/2016/03/what-was-lex-luthors-batman-v-superman-plan.html

Probably. None of this really explains why Lex even started this grand plan. As far as we can tell, Lex had no personal connection to Superman — nothing of his was destroyed (that we know of) in the Metropolis-leveling fight with Zod, and the two characters haven't so much as met, much less built up a rivalry. The only way to possibly inject a motivation for Lex into the story is to riff off his obsession with Superman as Jesus and his apparent hatred of religious authority.

https://moviepilot.com/posts/3872749

• Like 1