Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

• Community Manager
Just now, Barnack said:

All all clear, if you would understand is motivation it would be a list of reason why he did what he did (the movie to not give them, it seem like because he like it has a game for an eccentric person, Joker like) 

Yeah, it worked with the Joker in the Dark Knight, it didn't work with Lex Luthor in Batman vs Superman. :)

Here's the thing: the Joker might be an agent of chaos but he was also smart and extremely competent. That's what made him dangerous. Everything he did made "sense" from his very crazy perspective. But a lot of what Lex Luthor did made zero sense, made him look like an idiot talking down to people smarter than him, and for seemingly no reason beyond rubbish ramblings about absolute power.

Sure, the Joker was crazy. But he didn't just go after Batman for the hell of it. He founded a guy who dressed like a bat and fought crime and thought to himself, that's a worthy adversary. He lived for the fight between them.

Gah. The Dark Knight was such a fantastic movie. Really amazing writing, editing, cinematography, acting.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Water Bottle said:

Yeah, it worked with the Joker in the Dark Knight, it didn't work with Lex Luthor in Batman vs Superman. :)

Here's the thing: the Joker might be an agent of chaos but he was also smart and extremely competent. That's what made him dangerous. Everything he did made "sense" from his very crazy perspective. But a lot of what Lex Luthor did made zero sense, made him look like an idiot talking down to people smarter than him, and for seemingly no reason beyond rubbish ramblings about absolute power.

Sure, the Joker was crazy. But he didn't just go after Batman for the hell of it. He founded a guy who dressed like a bat and fought crime and thought to himself, that's a worthy adversary. He lived for the fight between them.

Gah. The Dark Knight was such a fantastic movie. Really amazing writing, editing, cinematography, acting.

Now there's something we can agree on. Can I get a "Hail Nolan" in there?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

57 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

1 hour ago, Captain Craig said:
1 hour ago, Harpospoke said:

1 hour ago, ChipMunky said:

Lex clearly states multiple times in the film he has an issue with absolute power. It's really not hard.

So he then creates Doomsday?

^^^^

Who has absolute power. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

You can accept his motivations or not. But his motivations are clear.

You can accept the circular illogic of Lex's actions as valid but being huffy and attitudinal at those pointing out the films clear motivational flaws is childish. 

50 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

I have a reason to dislike onions-tasting them makes me nauseous. I have no motivation to burn down restaurants that put onions on their food.

If someone gave you an onion, would you throw it away?

37 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

NO I mean in his example he used, what exactly is motivating him to make money? Is it survival (money to buy food), is it to pay off debts, is it child maintenance? 

To make money.

5 minutes ago, Tele Came Back said:

:ph34r: 

I actually agree on that. The Dark Knight is a great film, but if the protagonist was as interesting as he was in Batman Begins, it would be flawless. I know why everyone loves TDK, but I still prefer Batman Begins to this day, weak third act and all. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

You can accept the circular illogic of Lex's actions as valid but being huffy and attitudinal at those pointing out the films clear motivational flaws is childish. 

Nobody is being huffy but you. I'm trying to have a discussion.

If only Lex had robbed a bank, and then miraculously timed a getaway bus to leave the bank, with dust flying behind it, just as the cops were arriving, and in LINE with other buses. Even though the bus he used would have had to been first, way ahead of the other buses, and there would be no space for this new bus.

1 minute ago, ChipMunky said:

To make money.

You don't make money to make money. Your motivation is what money can get you. I disagree with Water Bottle here, money can't be a reason and a motivation. Why? Making money just to make money is pointless. You can't do nothing with money if all you get is money. The motivation of what money brings is why you do it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, iJackSparrow said:

You don't make money to make money. Your motivation is what money can get you. I disagree with Water Bottle here, money can't be a reason and a motivation. Why? Making money just to make money is pointless. You can't do nothing with money if all you get is money. The motivation of what money brings is why you do it. 

No. I want to make money. That's what I want. Is money. I'm not using it for anything. I just want money.

• Like 1

Just now, ChipMunky said:

and there would be no space for this new bus.

Except if those 2 bus leaving space are is own bus with is own drivers on is payroll.

But he will fight someone that is adult and have bat ears on is suit in the movie, the silliness of that need to put everything in a silly enough world to create some balance (or you need everyone to react like they would in real life to an adult dressing in a batsuit to fight crime with gadget.....)

2 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

No. I want to make money. That's what I want. Is money. I'm not using it for anything. I just want money.

Double facepalm because 1 isn't enough.

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

Edited by DMan7

1 minute ago, ChipMunky said:

That's not a motivation. Because you might be a weirdo that all it wants is to make money and that's your motivation and you aren't even spending or doing anything else. But that doesn't make your motivation to make sense or resonate as reasonable to anyone else. Unless you're a fanboy with a hard on to justify anything, that is. 

2 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

At a certain point (say Buffet level) how much you made is in large part use as a comparative with you competitor at the game of making money, you did good always in relative term now versus them (a bit like Xbox points).

You are good at making money and you are being judged and highly regarded at doing something you are very good at doing, that is usually extremely rewarding.

It is not much making money to have more of it, but because you love being good at making money and making money, you social standing come from it, you fame, etc... I imagine that there is reach people making money in large part to make money (not much to have more money, but really to make money)

• Like 2

Just now, Barnack said:

At a certain point (say Buffet level) how much you made is in large part use as a comparative with you competitor at the game of making money, you did good always in relative term now versus them (a bit like Xbox points).

You are good at making money and you are being judged and highly regarded at doing something you are very good at doing, that is usually extremely rewarding.

It is not much making money to have more of it, but because you love being good at making money and making money, you social standing come from it, you fame, etc... I imagine that there is reach people making money in large part to make money (not much to have more money, but really to make money)

That's, my friend, it's motivation. That makes the reason someone does reasonable and relatable. It makes the act to make sense. 

2 minutes ago, Barnack said:

If you're making money for those things you mentioned then those things are the motivation not the money itself.

Edited by DMan7
  • Like 1

Just now, Barnack said:

Well I see I contradicted myself (I had more they are not making money to have more money and use it to buy something in mind)

Motivation. Basic when it comes to any act. In bad films, stuff happens because it needs to carry the plot from point a, to point b and point c, without having in mind reason and motivation. Case in point: Batman v Superman, Green Lantern and Suicide Squad.

Now that I think of, there is a somewhat "artsy" superhero film. Forgetful, but it does have "artsy" values, without really being an art film: Ang Lee's Hulk. God why I had to remind myself of that shit? 

• Like 1