Plain Old Tele

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2 (2015)

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2 (2015)  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

On 2015. 11. 29., The Panda said:

The more I think about it, the more I realize this really wasn't a good movie at all.  In fact it might be the worst in franchise, it's soured more than the others within a week.

C-

You should stop thinking about it before your rating goes down to F. :lol:

• Like 1

I give it a B. (8.5/10) Not an A, mostly because I'm still irked that they turned this story into a PG-13 movie. 

Also, what was all that crap about the "first 30 minutes being boing"? They went to D2 in literally the 5-7 minute mark of the film. I do agree that the ending dragged on for a while, but eh, I still enjoyed it. They should've shown the epilogue during the middle of the credits. Like 30 seconds in or so, the epilogue is there just for the book fans. There was plenty of action. Plus, that execution scene was fucking amazing. 

I loved the sewer scene with the lizard mutts. I understand why they switched up the events that happened down there. 

Disappointed in the Capitol raid scene. I loved in upon first viewing, but after I've seen it over and over, it's very short and cut down from the book. I was expecting a huge turnout with pods setting off and people dying everywhere. Was looking forward to the streets concaving as well. But nope, just gunshots and bazookas.

My main problems were that Finnick and Prim's death was kinda rushed. Liked the book version better. DAMN there was a lot of watered down stuff from the book. Overall, still very enjoyable.

Oh, and damn, they did Lt. Jackson dirty. Lmao. 

This movie is not for anyone who is out of touch with reality. 

I am glad they kept it as the book. This is what war is. This is what reality is.

Not your Marvel or your DC, no matter how gritty they are, not your Star Wars or Disney. This is the anti-blockbuster. And it was tremendous. 

Could it have been a masterpiece? Certainly, there is definitely a case of being even harsher and truer to the realities of war. But, the tone this franchise has taken, even from the start, has prevented it really reaching that- but, it did its best, and is certainly more ballsy than any of these bullshit "gritty" superheroes or fanboy protagonists.

Whilst I, at the time, was frustrated with the pace of the book and its roundabout writing, it was necessary, in fact, superb that it made you feel how the character felt, and how its anti-structure made it real. As much of an idealist as I am, this is what happens in real life. Not even my beloved Harry Potter, nor any depiction of a war or battle of any sort in any movie, comes as close as this does. Evil is everywhere, and there are always forces greater than the "hero" conspiring against "good". There are no winners in war. 

I'm glad this franchise signed off with this film. Not one for the masses. Will stand the test of time better than the fanboy populist shit which is empty and soulless. 

A

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Community Manager

The sewer scene was like straight out of a fantastic horror film and there was tension throughout the movie even though I knew how it all finished. It's not a perfect movie but it is about on par with most of the movies in this franchise. Sadly, it's no Catching Fire.

B

• Like 2

Eh, I wasn't a fan of MJ1 and although technically it's better, not by very much. The acting at least is top notch but everything else was really dull and I found myself checking how much longer I had to go. The ending was anti-climatic and once I saw Coin was standing above and behind Snow, I knew right then Katniss was going to shoot her instead. Is it terrible? No but it's a far cry from CF and there was absolutely no reason, outside of $$$, for this to have been split in two. I'd be interested to see some kind of fan cut that brings to two movies together and removes the fat.

***/*****, (C+, 6.2/10, 2.5/4)

On 12/4/2015 at 9:00 PM, BK007 said:

This movie is not for anyone who is out of touch with reality. 

I am glad they kept it as the book. This is what war is. This is what reality is.

Not your Marvel or your DC, no matter how gritty they are, not your Star Wars or Disney. This is the anti-blockbuster. And it was tremendous. 

Could it have been a masterpiece? Certainly, there is definitely a case of being even harsher and truer to the realities of war. But, the tone this franchise has taken, even from the start, has prevented it really reaching that- but, it did its best, and is certainly more ballsy than any of these bullshit "gritty" superheroes or fanboy protagonists.

Whilst I, at the time, was frustrated with the pace of the book and its roundabout writing, it was necessary, in fact, superb that it made you feel how the character felt, and how its anti-structure made it real. As much of an idealist as I am, this is what happens in real life. Not even my beloved Harry Potter, nor any depiction of a war or battle of any sort in any movie, comes as close as this does. Evil is everywhere, and there are always forces greater than the "hero" conspiring against "good". There are no winners in war. 

I'm glad this franchise signed off with this film. Not one for the masses. Will stand the test of time better than the fanboy populist shit which is empty and soulless. 

A

Couldn't agree more.