Accursed Arachnid!™

The 10 Rules of Bond Films

Of course, there are many exceptions, but generally these are ten essential aspects of every James Bond flick. Not surprisingly, the Craig Bonds break many of these rules.

1. The first Bond girl who Bond "pumps" for information usually dies. 

2. Bond gets caught by the villain but is treated like a guest. 

3. The villain places Bond into a death trap that he easily escapes from(even though he makes it look hard).

4. There are at least three locations. 

5. You can expect one or more of these set pieces: A ski chase, an underwater battle and/or a scene on a train and/or helicopter. 

6. The villain kills at least one treacherous lackey/partner to show he means business. 

7. He meets with M to get his mission. (Duh)

8. The vehicles in the film(other than the proverbial Aston Martin) are usually from the same manufacturer(whichever company made a deal with the filmmakers)

9. Bond never dies. :P

10. And he always gets the girl in the end.

Feel free to add any you think I missed.

On November 26, 2015 at 3:16:22 PM, Jay Salahi said:

Each one (but Dr. No)  has a musical title sequence 

Dr. No has the Bond theme then rolls to Three Blind Mice. If you meant each has a song w/vocals then both From Russia with Love and On Her Majesty's Secret Service are the only entries which have strictly instrumental main title music(in the case of FRWL it is an instrumental arrangement of the song heard later).

On November 26, 2015 at 1:33:13 PM, Tau Ceti said:

One Bone rule missing: there is always a helicopter scene. Dr. No lacks one and apparently so does The Man With The Golden Gun. But otherwise every movie follows the rule.

I added that to rule #5. 

Speaking of which, I was just watching The Spy Who Loved Me has all four. Also, The Living Daylights has only a helicopter unless you count using a chello case as skiing. ;)

4 hours ago, DarthArachnid!™ said:

Dr. No has the Bond theme then rolls to Three Blind Mice. If you meant each has a song w/vocals then both From Russia with Love and On Her Majesty's Secret Service are the only entries which have strictly instrumental main title music(in the case of FRWL it is an instrumental arrangement of the song heard later).

I meant the structure/layout of the film. after Dr No, they all do an Action scene of some sort than music and titles of some sort then the rest of the movie.