kayumanggi

FANTASTIC BEASTS AND WHERE TO FIND THEM | 580.0 M overseas ● 814.0 M worldwide

I am feeling really confident on 800m right now. It's not locked but I give it 90% chances. The current total is 550+225=775m so it needs another 25 m which will come from: 10m from USA, 5m from UK and 10m from Japan. And that's without counting ANY other market. I don't wanna jinx it though since those after-holidays drops must be brutal..Anyway, fantastic run which shows how loyal Harry Potter fans are. If things go well for next movie, I can see 900m with ease..

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

I am feeling really confident on 800m right now. It's not locked but I give it 90% chances. The current total is 550+225=775m so it needs another 25 m which will come from: 10m from USA, 5m from UK and 10m from Japan. And that's without counting ANY other market. I don't wanna jinx it though since those after-holidays drops must be brutal..Anyway, fantastic run which shows how loyal Harry Potter fans are. If things go well for next movie, I can see 900m with ease..

Sequel will have Dumbledore and if Credence grows emo hair like Bucky Barnes, 900M is locked. 

• Like 1

Worldwide, it ends the year as the #8 movie. Should pass Deadpool by next weekend, but by then Rogue One would have jumped it.

5 The Secret Life of Pets   $875.5        
6 Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice   $873.3        
7 Deadpool   $783.1        
8 Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them   $772.5        

Overseas only is doing much better, ending at #4:

1 Captain America: Civil War         $745.2 64.6%
2 Zootopia         $682.5 66.7%
3 The Jungle Book (2016)         $602.5 62.3%
4 Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them         $551.1 71.3%

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Purple Minion said:

Worldwide, it ends the year as the #8 movie. Should pass Deadpool by next weekend, but by then Rogue One would have jumped it.

5 The Secret Life of Pets   $875.5        
6 Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice   $873.3        
7 Deadpool   $783.1        
8 Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them   $772.5        

Overseas only is doing much better, ending at #4:

1 Captain America: Civil War         $745.2 64.6%
2 Zootopia         $682.5 66.7%
3 The Jungle Book (2016)         $602.5 62.3%
4 Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them         $551.1 71.3%

:cloud9:

1 billion incoming for the next one!

:ph34r:

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Am I the only one who still doesn't understand how Credence will return?

Hide contents

Didn't he die?

I would be shocked If I mssed such a thing having seen the movie 3 times :D:P 

He didn't die. I noticed a second time that a part of his Obscurial left the train station. He's alive.

• Like 2

At suggestion of @FantasticBeasts, did an adjustment of overseas gross for Fantastic Beasts using DH2 exchange rates and ticket prices.

Adjusting only for exchange rates, current OS gross of $551.4M would be ~$788M. Adjusting also for 2011 ticket prices, using projected average 2016 ticket prices, current OS gross would be ~$715M.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Jason said:

At suggestion of @FantasticBeasts, did an adjustment of overseas gross for Fantastic Beasts using DH2 exchange rates and ticket prices.

Adjusting only for exchange rates, current OS gross of $551.4M would be ~$788M. Adjusting also for 2011 ticket prices, using projected average 2016 ticket prices, current OS gross would be ~$715M.

Wow that was more than I expected.... So Fantastic Beasts retained almost 80% of DH2 OS grosses? :D That's great and it goes to show that FB's success shouldn't be underestimated :) 

• Like 5

I think 800m is locked. If it does 235m domestic, won't it do another 13m OS, even with the holidays being over?

Or at least 796m ww, so that it surpasses Azkaban, even if I absolutely worship that movie.

Edited by Xavier

3 minutes ago, Xavier said:

I think 800m is locked. If it does 235m domestic, won't it do another 13m OS, even with the holidays being over?

Or at least 796m ww, so that it surpasses Azkaban, even if I absolutely worship that movie.

800m WW is like 90% locked. Japan alone has 10m left and UK maybe another 5 m...

Excellent run. In Spain it is already reaching the lowest grosser of Harry Potter (DH1). Taking into account the fatigue the franchise had here, the number has much merit. Maybe these years of rest since DH2 have helped. Very good perspectives for upcoming sequels, not just here, but everywhere.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, peludo said:

Excellent run. In Spain it is already reaching the lowest grosser of Harry Potter (DH1). Taking into account the fatigue the franchise had here, the number has much merit. Maybe these years of rest since DH2 have helped. Very good perspectives for upcoming sequels, not just here, but everywhere.

What was the problem with Harry Potter in Spain?

8 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

What was the problem with Harry Potter in Spain?

I guess fatigue and economical crisis.

HP1: 6.3m admissions (#14 all time adjusted)

HP2: 5.2m (#27 all time adjusted)

HP3: 3.5m

HP4: 3.9m

HP5: 3.2m

HP6: 2.4m

HP7: 2.2m

HP8: 2.3m

As you can see the two first movies were big events. Comparing with all time adjusted list in USA, HP1 and HP2 rank similar in Spain to Avatar and Avengers in USA, respectively.

But since HP3 we saw a substantial drop in interest, probably because of fatigue. Fans went to see the films, probably more than once, but GA became tired (probably like in other countries).

And since HP6 (2009) the drop was even bigger because economical crisis, which hit enormously to Spain. You can add piracy, but I think the two first factors were decisive to understand the lost of interest in Harry Potter.

Just now, peludo said:

I guess fatigue and economical crisis.

HP1: 6.3m admissions (#14 all time adjusted)

HP2: 5.2m (#27 all time adjusted)

HP3: 3.5m

HP4: 3.9m

HP5: 3.2m

HP6: 2.4m

HP7: 2.2m

HP8: 2.3m

As you can see the two first movies were big events. Comparing with all time adjusted list in USA, HP1 and HP2 rank similar in Spain to Avatar and Avengers in USA, respectively.

But since HP3 we saw a substantial drop in interest, probably because of fatigue. Fans went to see the films, probably more than once, but GA became tired (probably like in other countries).

And since HP6 (2009) the drop was even bigger because economical crisis, which hit enormously to Spain. You can add piracy, but I think the two first factors were decisive to understand the lost of interest in Harry Potter.

Well I see. That's intresting but understandable at some point. There were 8 films and it would be difficult for all of them to be highly successful. I had the impression though that in Spain, like almost all European countries, most if not all Harry Potter movies would  be in the all time lists. Anyway, I hope that by the next movie of FB numbers will go upwards!