Premium and Gold members please go to this thread:

http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/24403-paid-perks/

Copper and Silver Accounts please PM me if you have paid past August 1st and care about the "Custom Avatar" (or really larger avatar) perk.

kayumanggi

FIRST MAN | 10.12.18 | Universal | Damien Chazelle | Ryan Gosling | Neil Armstrong biopic

kayumanggi    23,851

Ryan Gosling Orbiting Damien Chazelle’s Neil Armstrong Movie At Universal?

http://deadline.com/2015/11/ryan-gosling-neil-armstrong-movie-first-man-damien-chazelle-1201636876/

Universal’s Neil Armstrong biopic First Man is still being written and still being developed, but I’m hearing that Ryan Gosling is being courted to play the famed astronaut for Whiplash helmer Damien Chazelle, who is directing a script by Spotlight scribe Josh Singer.

First Man is based on James Hansen’s biography First Man: A Life Of Neil A. Armstrong and the astronaut’s historical 1969 mission on Apollo 11 is approaching its 50-year anniversary. Chazelle boarded the pic in the spring after it had originated at Warner Bros with Clint Eastwood planning to direct in produce. Temple Hill partners Wyck Godfrey and Marty Bowen are producing now.

Edited by kayumanggi
  • Like 1

filmlover    25,065

Watch this get super fast-tracked to make it to the end of the year to make up for this year lol.

MCKillswitch123    3,375

And the Oscar goes to..... I AM NOT YOUR NE-oops, sorry, wrong card. Plus, we needed to get that Damien Chazelle revenge on Moonlight-esque awards contender. FIRST MAN!!!

kayumanggi    23,851
On 3/2/2017 at 0:21 AM, filmlover said:

Watch this get super fast-tracked to make it to the end of the year to make up for this year lol.

• Like 1

CoolioD1    57,092
2 minutes ago, antovolk said:

Looks like we have our 2019 BP winner.

it's already been jinxed by everyone. rip.

• Like 2

filmlover    25,065

I'm kinda surprised they didn't go for a summer release. Kinda wish studios would take note and realize that it's possible for an adult-targeted to make money in the summer.

antovolk    6,139
3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I'm kinda surprised they didn't go for a summer release. Kinda wish studios would take note and realize that it's possible for an adult-targeted to make money in the summer.

They wanted that festival circuit though, which is a bit of a prerequisite for a potential awards title. This takes Venice, Telluride, TIFF and London. 

CoolioD1    57,092
1 minute ago, filmlover said:

4 of last 5 best picture winners have been released in October. Chazelle has probably studied this shit with CHARTS AND GRAPHS to figure out the best release date so he can't possibly lose again.

this is the face of a man who doesn't want to get wronged again.

damien-k00G--620x349@abc.JPG

• Like 11

filmlover    25,065

October is also where Gravity and The Martian opened. Obviously this is going to be a very different movie than both of those, though.

aabattery    15,882
1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

@aabattery Our girl is a rising star!

Bah gawd. Two projects in a single day. That Golden Globe is doing wonders.

• Like 1

grim22    51,680
Just now, aabattery said:

Bah gawd. Two projects in a single day. That Golden Globe is doing wonders.

Just one project actually, she can't do both. They both release within a week of one another, it's a competition between them.

filmlover    25,065

Potentially this and The Girl in the Spider's Web? Claire Foy is coming to dominate.

aabattery    15,882
Just now, grim22 said:

Just one project actually, she can't do both. They both release within a week of one another, it's a competition between them.

Ah. I think this one might be the more prestige role out of the two, so I'd imagine that she'd pick this one over Spider's Web. Nice to see her popping up regardless.

• Like 1