kayumanggi

Wednesday Numbers | 13.8 M THG: MOCKINGJAY II | 9.8 M THE GOOD DINOSAUR | 6.0 M CREED

8 minutes ago, babz06 said:

Good numbers for Creed and Good Dinosaur.

Creed- probably 35-40m 5-day

Good Dinosaur-probably 55-60m 5-day

Mockingjay P2 might hold well after all. Still has to contend with the Christmas onslaught though. 

TBH of any film benefits from SW sellouts, its probably going to be Mockingjay

13.7 is a 20.5 bump for MJ2. MJ1 had exactly the same bump.

Mon + Tue + Wed for MJ2 is 33.59m which is 32.72% of the ow.

Mon + Tue + Wed for MJ1 was 35.73 which was 29.31% of the ow.

So MJ2 has held marginally better in the 1st weekdays (though Thu could even things out).

Same legs as MJ1 from now on will give MJ2 291.44m. SW7 will affect it's legs somewhat, but 280m+ should happen.

8 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

How?  Mockingjay won't even be relevant come December 18th.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

It would have underperformed anywhere imo. The GA simply don't care about this kind of movies.

Ehh it could have atleast doubled it's OW gross in October or January. Probably Not a huge difference but it looks better.

14 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

If TGD follows Tangled it'll finish with half of Inside Out's total and below Cars 2. I don't see how that's not a disappointment. 

Tangled isn't the only example of a November animated film. Why would it follow Tangled?

10 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I dont see it taking general audiences:

Families probably go to Good Dinosaur, Daddy's Home or Alvin.

Adults have their pick of the litter: Concussion, Joy, Point Break, The Big Short, Sisters 

Ummmm... Because people obviously cared about the franchise to push it over 400M twice. People come to see a bog blockbuster and they can't get in, they're going to go see the other big franchise film out, that they may have missed when it.came out.

• Like 4

Just now, DAJK said:

My hope is In the Heart of the Sea also benefits. That film looks stellar but isn't getting the buzz I think it deserves.

TBH, I don't think the marketing has done a very good job of making it clear what the movie is about.

The only thing most people are able to tell you about is that it has Thor and a whale.

• Like 1