Orestes

Netflix Original: Marvel's Iron Fist | Season 2 Available Now

21 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I'm shocked at the terrible reviews. TV critics like almost everything. 

If you read most of them, you begin to realize they are not a fan of the character to begin with and mad that he is white. I doubt it is as bad as they are saying, pretty much all the shows had flaws, this one is just the least PC I guess, so they think that is a legitimate criticism ?? 

IDK, I read a few reviews and got criticism about pacing, lack of action scenes (and the ones that exist are appearantly not well choreographed enough), and the main cast being pretty bland.

I honestly didn't feel like the main criticism was race-related. Maybe that was just the reviews I read though.

This is really disappointing since Marvel Netflix has been on such a strong streak up to now.

Edited by JennaJ

1 minute ago, JennaJ said:

IDK, I read a few reviews and got criticism about pacing, lack of action scenes (and the ones that exist are appearantly not well choreographed enough), and the main cast being pretty bland.

I honestly didn't feel like the main criticism was race-related. Maybe that was just the reviews I read though.

This is really disappointing since Marvel Netflix has been on such a strong streak up to now.

Maybe, I just got that they were peeved he wasn't cast as an Asian so focused on the negative, I mean sure it could still suck, but I am going to watch it for myself before making that criticism.  

I'm one episode in so far. I love marvel, but yeah, so far the fighting really isn't well choreographed at all. Like the fighting in the beginning was laughably bad. That said the show overall isn't as bad as its RT score though. 

Edited by cheesypoofs

I've finished it now. I liked it but it's much more of a slow burn then the other Defenders. 

None of the others appeared. 

The Hand still hasn't been fully revealed. Much of the season is about rival factions of the Hand. 

Edited by DeeCee

Two episodes in and while I think the first episode got off to a bit of a rocky start, I still really liked it, and episode 2 was a major step up, it's tone is a lot slower so far then the rest, very much a mystery with a slow burn. 

I thought it was pretty decent. It reversed the normal trend of the Marvel Netflix shows by getting its episode bloat out of the way early, and finished stronger than either Luke Cage or DD s2 did.

Fight choreography could've been better, especially early on. Finn is probably the weakest of the leads for these shows, but I did like Colleen quite a bit.

Edited by Orestes
  • Like 1

Iron Fist already picked up for a second season? I came across this article, and the dude in it seems to have legitimate knowledge that there will be a second season, in fact he quite bluntly states it in the article, and considering I found another article stating the shows ratings (or views in terms of Netflix I guess), were just as high as other marvel/netflix shows. While I would take this with a grain of salt, I'd say it is looking likely. 

Still haven't finished the first season, just watched Episode 9 last night, and yeah some of the criticism is true. Finn Jones, while I don't think he has bad necessarily is not the best, but I think he can improve, the shows takes a while to pick up and focuses too much on the Rand business, while isn't all bad, but it is overdone, and the fight choreography, while I still think is fun to watch, is no Daredevil. But it's still a good show, and hopefully they can learn thier lesson and fix most of it's mistakes with season 2.   

http://www.comicmix.com/2017/03/29/mike-gold-iron-fist-your-mileage-may-vary/

On 3/23/2017 at 11:01 PM, DeeCee said:

His fighting ability tended to vary to much depending on the needs of the plot.

Yeah I noticed that too.   Especially in the last episode when he is suddenly unable to dispatch a character who had no business being able to stand toe to toe with him.   It was suddenly a "fight to the death".

---------------

Kinda "meh".    Didn't hate it or love it.   I really thought the cast was great...except for the lead.   Not a lot of charisma with that guy.   He came off as whiny and dumb too often.   Part of that was the script admittedly.   Uneven writing where at first he was supposed to be a calm centered character who later is prone to emotional outbursts.   He wasn't right physically either.   I'm supposed to believe this guy has been training non stop since he was a kid?    Yeah right.   I heard the actor wasn't given very much time to train for the role so that's not completely on him.  (But they could cast a guy who was already in great shape if they were in a hurry)

I pretty much thought every other actor was well cast and did well even when the writing was not the best.   Particularly enjoyed the Harold, Colleen, and Madame Gao characters. 

The fight scenes are getting a lot of flack, but I think that's because everyone saw Daredevil first.   It looked like typical TV fighting to me.  Serviceable.   More a compliment to DD than a criticism of IF.

If they are going with a 2nd season I would recast the lead and change writers.   This leaned closer to Agents of Shield than Daredevil and that's not a good direction.    Probably better to just leave it alone and put him in Defenders.   Maybe the guy can train and look more appropriate ala Hugh Jackman in Xmen sequels.

• Like 1

Just finished the show, I thought the last 4 episodes were fantastic, good enough for me to really enjoy it overall and look forward to a (hopefully season 2). I agree the lead could have been better, but with more training and better writing for him I don't think they need to recast, in fact I really hope they don't, Just to piss off SJWs.

I'd ranked the shows like this:

Daredevil Season 2 A+

Daredevil Season 1 A+

Jessica Jones A-

Luke Cage A-

Iron Fist B+

Edited by Kalo

19 hours ago, Kalo said:

Just finished the show, I thought the last 4 episodes were fantastic, good enough for me to really enjoy it overall and look forward to a (hopefully season 2). I agree the lead could have been better, but with more training and better writing for him I don't think they need to recast, in fact I really hope they don't, Just to piss off SJWs.

I'd ranked the shows like this:

Daredevil Season 2 A+

Daredevil Season 1 A+

Jessica Jones A-

Iron Fist A-

Luke Cage A-

Well they could recast with a guy who looks like the comic character and stays true to the entire concept of the character and that would piss off SJWs even more. :D    They pretty much want to ditch everything about the original character and keep the name.

1-DD S2

2-Luke Cage

3-DD S1

4-JJ

5-IF

• Like 1

Yeah after having some time to think about it, this show is not the best, still alot better than some people say though, but I'd probably give it a B+ I still want a second season, I just hope they can improve the mistakes they made in the first season. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MrPink said:

10 episodes in and Danny is the fucking worst.

Every time he is angry and mopey, I get extremely exasperated. 

Characterization was horrid. Dude was a spoiled, self-entitled, asshole brat with no redeeming qualities.

I was looking forward to the bromance between Luke and Danny. But with this Danny that we got, I want him to stay far way from Luke instead.

One of the worst things is awesome character like Colleen was shackled down and got stuck with stupid obligatory romance that were so forced and creepy as hell. 

The actor who played Zhou Cheng (the drunken Kungfu artist) actually auditioned for the role of Danny but was shot down (for obvious reason). We could have had it way better. What a waste.

Edited by Sam
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sam said:

Characterization was horrid. Dude was a spoiled, self-entitled, asshole brat with no redeeming qualities imo. 

Worst thing is awesome character like Colleen was shackled down and got stuck with stupid obligatory romance that were so forced and creepy as hell. 

The actor who played Zhou Cheng (the drunken Kungfu artist) actually auditioned for the role of Danny but was shot down (for obvious reason). We could have had it way better. What a waste.

THE HAND IS EVIL. YOU'VE BEEN BRAINWASHED

You're too good for this person Colleen.

Fucking white men and their beards @Chewy

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Sam said:

Characterization was horrid. Dude was a spoiled, self-entitled, asshole brat with no redeeming qualities.

I was looking forward to the bromance between Luke and Danny. But with this Danny that we got, I want him to stay far way from Luke instead.

One of the worst things is awesome character like Colleen was shackled down and got stuck with stupid obligatory romance that were so forced and creepy as hell. 

Seriously?! the whole time I was watching that scene I was thinking how much better a Danny Rand he would make.  

12 minutes ago, Chewy said:

How is SHIA'S ROOMMATE

He is really bad. He's supposed to play this sensei (and villain), but his name is Bakuto.

The actor is Ramon Rodriguez. But his name is Bakuto

Ramon Rodriguez ---> Bakuto

• Like 2

So Iron Fist has been officially renowned for a second season, considering its high views I'm not that surprised and I am actaully glad they did, I just really hope they can fix a lot of mistakes they made in season one, epscially Danny's character, I don't understand why they thought because he was raised by monks since he was ten, he would still act like a 10 year old 15 years later, if anything he would probably be a lot more calm and mature then most guys his age...