The Eternal Camping Indiegogo campaign by Water Bottle is now live! Check it out, donate, spread the word!

Welcome to The Box Office Theory — Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AndyLL

Derby Support Thread

46 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, ChipMunky said:

On the "all your weekly scores" section, I think the weeks should be clickable, bringing you to that section on "your weekly scores".

Also, on the "all your weekly scores" section, it's ordered very weirdly. I think it should be ordered from most recent to least recent, or by best scoring week.

22 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

Also, on the "all your weekly scores" section, it's ordered very weirdly. I think it should be ordered from most recent to least recent, or by best scoring week.

Not sure why Feb is sorting that way... it's supposed to be from most recent.

On 12/8/2015 at 10:36 PM, AndyLL said:

For now go ahead and post any Derby issues in this thread.  Once we've been through a few games we'll switch over to the normal support system for the Derby.

Please specify whether you are using a desktop or mobile, browser and operating system.

When possible include a screen shot.

I've left the ugly error screens on for now to help us find all the bugs

Andy

I'm probably going to start playing the Derby week after next, and I was wondering: How precise can the predictions be? In the archives, it all seems to be rounded to the 10,000s (meaning to the hundredths place in terms of millions). Is that as specific as the calculations go, or do they include numbers entered beyond those two places?

50 minutes ago, johnboy3434 said:

I'm probably going to start playing the Derby week after next, and I was wondering: How precise can the predictions be? In the archives, it all seems to be rounded to the 10,000s (meaning to the hundredths place in terms of millions). Is that as specific as the calculations go, or do they include numbers entered beyond those two places?

That is indeed the most you can get, but you don't need to be more specific anyway.

14 hours ago, johnboy3434 said:

The precision of the actuals and predictions are both 1000s of millions.   The %s themselves are to the 1000s

7 hours ago, AndyLL said:

The precision of the actuals and predictions are both 1000s of millions.   The %s themselves are to the 1000s

Ah, so the internal math of the site actually accounts for three decimals on the predictions then, rather than just the two that are shown?