1. 1. Where does TFA rank?

• Best!
    • 2nd best
    • 3rd
    • 4th
    • 5th
    • 2nd to last
    • worst!

If your list is any different to the following list then you have a terrible taste in films and are probably a terrible human being to boot!

1. Empire Strikes Back

2. A New Hope

3. / 4. (Swappable) Return of the Jedi / The Force Awakens
5. Revenge of the Sith
6. / 7. (Swappable) Phantom Menace / Attack of the Clones

For my list personally its, 

1. ESB (One of the few popcorn films ever made that transcend its 'popcorness' into genuinely great film making)

2. ANH (Perfect Popcorn Film but lacks the depth of ESB)
3. Jedi (It's highs equal or beat anything in the Saga [Emperor vs Luke vs Darth / Best space battle going around] but its Lows are very noticeable [Ewoks])
4. TFA (Extremely competent popcorn film, just wish its plot was as fresh and as interesting as its new characters)

5. ROTS (The best of a bad prequel bunch. It's biggest problem is that too much of the heavy lifting is left to this movie i.e Anakin going from good to killing kids in 10 mins of screen time, would be better if Menace and Clones did what they were meant to do. Still at least stuff does actually happen in this one.)
6. PM (Shit. Has a cool light sabre fight).
7. AOTC (Shit....and Boring)

Edited by Phil in the Blank
grammatical mistakes
  • Like 5

10 hours ago, Jar Jar Chasmmi said:

1. TFA

2. ROTS

3. TPM

4. AOTC

5. ESB

6. ROTJ

7. ANH

I actually liked TFA, that's pretty much a first for me. :) 

I had the impression that people who preferred the PT over the OT were more likely to give a low rating to TFA.

3 hours ago, Phil in the Blank said:

If your list is any different to the following list then you have a terrible taste in films and are probably a terrible human being to boot!

1. Empire Strikes Back

2. A New Hope

3. / 4. (Swappable) Return of the Jedi / The Force Awakens
5. Revenge of the Sith
6. / 7. (Swappable) Phantom Menace / Attack of the Clones

For my list personally its, 

1. ESB (One of the few popcorn films ever made that transcend its 'popcorness' into genuinely great film making)

2. ANH (Perfect Popcorn Film but lacks the depth of ESB)
3. Jedi (It's highs equal or beat anything in the Saga [Emperor vs Luke vs Darth / Best space battle going around] but its Lows are very noticeable [Ewoks])
4. TFA (Extremely competent popcorn film, just wish its plot was as fresh and as interesting as its new characters)

5. ROTS (The best of a bad prequel bunch. It's biggest problem is that too much of the heavy lifting is left to this movie i.e Anakin going from good to killing kids in 10 mins of screen time, would be better if Menace and Clones did what they were meant to do. Still at least stuff does actually happen in this one.)
6. PM (Shit. Has a cool light sabre fight).
7. AOTC (Shit....and Boring)

Correct

ESB 75/100: the most entertaining and consistent. Yet so forgettable. 

ROTJ 70/100: the most uneven. Literally has the best and worst moments in the series.

TFA 65/100: the most shameless safe fan servicey. Also has the most enjoyable characters and definitely the best filmmaking of all of them. 

ANH 60/100: the most uninteresting. The least memorable one.

TPM 50/100: the most harmless. Has some pretty nice sequences and it was shot on film, which automatically makes it far better looking than the two prequels.

AOTC 40/100: the most unplesant to watch. Cinematography is horrible, CGI is overused, dialogue is bad and perfomances are not good.

Edited by Goffe

1. Empire Strikes Back (This film was so entertaining, and has the tension of the first movie's trench run in its Hoth battle. Darth Vader's revelation was amazingly done too)

2. Force Awakens (Effects were near perfect, new characters were all interesting. Don't want to spoil it too much but there were some genuinely sad moments. If the ending were more climactic I would have ranked this first)

3. A New Hope (Opening scene is a classic, trench run/Death star battle was amazing)

4. Return of the Jedi (Really cool lightsaber duels and space battles. Ewoks were cute but didn't really fit with the original trilogy)

5. Attack of the Clones (The battle scene and reveal of the clone army are actually pretty cool. Seeing all those jedi in action was great. The rest of the movie was so boring though)

6. Revenge of the Sith (Jedi being slaughtered was an OK scene, could have been better though. Opening is decent as well)

7. Phantom Menace (Maul was really cool. Everything else sucked)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Jar Jar Chasmmi said:

1. TFA

2. ROTS

3. TPM

4. AOTC

5. ESB

6. ROTJ

7. ANH

I actually liked TFA, that's pretty much a first for me. :) 

This list...it's quite beyond my capacity. :thinking:

• Like 2

That last shot should justify the movie being titled Return of the Jedi and not Episode VI. During the events of TFA the Jedi have not returned (well, temporarily, before presumably Kylo Ren killed the recruits). "These are the first steps" Perhaps the title, The Force Awakens, is more appropo for ROTJ.

• Like 1

I need TFA in the context of the next two movies, but my ranking

1.Empire Strikes Back - A+

2.The Force Awakens - A+ (They did rehash the death star, which nearly made me put ANH above it, but the production and acting values are the best in the saga.)

3.A New Hope - A+

4.Return of the Jedi - A+

5.Revenge of the Sith - A-

6.Attack of the Clones - D+

7.The Phantom Menace - D

Honestly, I wish someone could edit the necessary parts of Attack of the Clones and The Phantom Menace and just make Revenge of the Sith a 3 hour film to watch before Return of the Jedi.

Edited by The Panda Menace
  • Like 2