ddddeeee

Film scores 2016

On 15/8/2016 at 9:46 PM, ddddeeee said:

Samples for Desplat's The Light Between Oceans are as lovely as ever. Don't see how he doesn't become composer of the year.

Listening the score right now.

I am curious. What are your Desplat favourite scores?

On 9/13/2016 at 9:47 AM, stripe said:

Listening the score right now.

I am curious. What are your Desplat favourite scores?

Birth

The Ghost Writer

Godzilla

The Golden Compass

The Light Between Oceans

I've managed to get over the lack of Elfman and am starting to enjoy the Miss Peregrine score a great deal. Love this cue.

• Like 1

Planet Earth II: Trailer

Note that Hans Zimmer is the composer (of the series, not this trailer. This trailer music is from Sigur Ros). I guess Zimmer really did win the war didnt he? Now even documantaries are hiring his style.

5 hours ago, stripe said:

Not a single comment on Doctor Strange score? After CW it's a huge improvement for Marvel!

It's been commented on quite a bit in it's thread and elsewhere already. Personally I really enjoy it, but I must admit that the full-on orchestrated version is quite Star-Treky. Still, it's a mostly enjoyable score.

Giacchino's music for Rogue One is solid, but not standout in any way (at least from first listen-through and first movie-viewing). It reinforces the scenes but in most cases doesn't amp them up. A few of the military cues do have a nice similarity to his Medal of Honor work.

You can tell he was under the gun a bit with the short writing time because the focus of the score is primarily on function.

Sad Desplat wasn't able to stick around with the reshoots, because with his greater lead-in time I have to think he'd have given us something special. I really hope they try to circle around back to him for another Star Wars anthology/spinoff flick.

• Like 1

RO score is steadily growing on me. There are some really good tracks there. Your father would be proud, Hope, Rogue One,... and of course the last three cues with the different themes. Really liked the variations on the Imperial March to develop a new theme