GiantCALBears

Star Wars Land coming to Disneyland & WDW

Here is the original LA times article & then an update from today's closures & some concept art. Will be one of the biggest expansions either park has seen. 

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-disneyland-star-wars-20151226-story.html

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-disneyland-riverfront-post-star-wars-land-20160108-story.html

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

To give you guys an idea of how crappy it is to be in Disneyland for the next few weeks/months/years?

At least at WDW, Hollywood Studios is already the weakest park, so the closures there won't affect Disney too much. I hope to check it out when they are done, although that could be in 3-4 years. The rumors around the attractions sound awesome, both sound like huge E-tickets. Only problem I can foresee is that this is so popular that they could expand it, but can't because they don't have the room.

• Like 1

I hope they do it justice. As long as they recognise how big this could be and don't rest on their laurels, hopefully we'll get something Cars Land quality and not Season of the Force quality (I know it's not an attraction, just the lack of effort side).

DHS could do with this rather than Toy Story... 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jay Salahi said:

They also have to shut down Fantastic! for 18 months :( Its far better than World of Color 

Looking on YouTube that new version looks really bad.

2 hours ago, Dan9 said:

I hope they do it justice. As long as they recognise how big this could be and don't rest on their laurels, hopefully we'll get something Cars Land quality and not Season of the Force quality (I know it's not an attraction, just the lack of effort side).

DHS could do with this rather than Toy Story... 

DHS is getting it after Toy Story, construction is starting soon for both.

• Like 1

On 7/12/2016 at 1:47 AM, Jayhawk said:

SWThemedLand.jpg

This glorious image popped up on my Twitter feed. This is concept art for Disneyland specifically.

Cool. they're having flying X-Wings.

Willing to bet 100 bucks it misses the date. 

Every major Disney theme park project in the new decade had been delayed (Shanghai Disney opened a year late and 1 Billion over budget. Avatar land took way longer to break ground then they wanted then they missed the first opening date by a year and went Hundreds of Millions over budget again). This is the GOAL. The real word on the street is, Nov/Dec Star Wars land 2019 DL with the Epidode IX premiere there. then spring/summer 2020 at Hollywood studios. 

• Like 2