lilmac

What will be TFA's final first-run gross?

TFA's final gross  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What will be TFA's final gross (first run)?

On 1/20/2016 at 9:37 PM, mahnamahna said:

$17 million ($884 million)

$12.5 million ($903 million)

$7 million ($914 milion)

$6 million/$7 million ($924 million)

$3.5 million ($929 million)

$2 million ($932 million)

$1 million ($934 million)

$935-940 million 

In retrospect, your week-end predictions were decent enough, however you over-estimated the weekdays by a very large margin.

February is known for really small weekdays but inflated week-ends. You inflated the weekdays as well, which explains why your total is so far from the current total while the week-ends are pretty close to your predictions.

Just now, cannastop said:

Wut?

I re-watched it today! It was unimaginative, totally safe and honestly a mediorce blockbuster. There were no great moments, it wasn't dramatic, the lightsaber battles were bad, the cinematography was boring/uninspired.

But hey, it's Star Wars.

14 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I re-watched it today! It was unimaginative, totally safe and honestly a mediorce blockbuster. There were no great moments, it wasn't dramatic, the lightsaber battles were bad, the cinematography was boring/uninspired.

But hey, it's Star Wars.

Well, I thought you were saying that the money it made was underwhelming. An actual opinion is more understandable.

Just now, cannastop said:

Well, I thought you were saying that the money it made was underwhelming. An actual opinion is more understandable.

It's a miracle it made it within a couple hundred million of Titanic. The money made is overwhelming.

1 minute ago, lilmac said:

Sorry, I'm not part of the "we"

I watched in the 3rd week, the amount of hype on the internet and from the media was insane. I got to the cinema expecting "Star Wars to be back!", loads of amazing moments etc etc.

I got nothing.

Action was really trash, the lightsaber duel was lackluster.

But hey, it's Star Wars.

I am glad you are seeing that Avatar is not that special.

• Like 1