Automatically embedding has been temporarily turned off until the Twitter bug has been fixed. This will only affect new posts made. Once the issue has been fixed, automatic embedding will return. It is possible to manually embed content I believe. If you quote a post with an embedded tweet, please delete the tweet.

Welcome to The Box Office Theory — Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Neo

Terminator Genisys | July 1, 2015 | Crosses 400M WW, overtakes Fury Road | GB returns, Page 379!

7,677 posts in this topic

Edited by CJohn
1 person likes this

OPENING WEEKEND

Picores: 57M

Neo: 49M/74M

CJohn: 50M (5-day)

Blankments: 38M

Juby: 28M

Charism: 20M

DOMESTIC

Neo: 163M

Blankments: 161M

Baumer: 150M

Cmasterclay: 150M

Picores: 140M

djdunkeykong: 100M

Halba: Under 100M

CJohn: 95M

Juby: 90M

The Stingray: 65M

Charism: 60M

OVERSEAS

Neo: 390M

Baumer: 350M

Picores: 340M

Charism: 70M

WORLDWIDE

Blankments: 591M

Neo: 553M

Baumer: 500M

Picores: 480M

Juby: 320M

Halba: 300M-350M

Charism: 130M

Edited by Neo
1 person likes this

My top choices for director (no order):
Paul Verhoeven
Terry Gilliam
Michael Bay

Alfonso Cuarón
John Woo

Kaleb Lechowski
John Chu
Dan Trachtenberg
Alex Proyas
Juan Antonio Bayona
Darren Aronofsky

Edited by Neo

this will only get made if Schwarzenegger returns

He will be in the movie (100%).
1 person likes this

My top choices for director (no order):

Paul Verhoeven

Terry Gilliam

Michael Bay

Alfonso Cuarón

John Woo

Those two men don't belong in the same universe, let alone the same list. Alfonso would never direct this anyway. This franchise hasn't been any good since Cameron directed. Edited by Magic

Those two men don't belong in the same universe, let alone the same list. Alfonso would never direct this anyway. This franchise hasn't been any good since Cameron directed.

??? He is not above Bay, especially here. Bay could make a dark T5 especially giving us great Terminators. YesAlfonso Cuarón is good, but anyone deserves to be on a list. The list was based on who I thought could do the franchise the most justice.

??? He is not above Bay, especially here. Bay could make a dark T5 especially giving us great Terminators. YesAlfonso Cuarón is good, but anyone deserves to be on a list. The list was based on who I thought could do the franchise the most justice.

This isn't suited to Alfonso at all and I have no idea why you would even have him on the list for this but he's light years ahead of Bay in every way except for directing action.

Cameron will do some kind of a prequel to the redeem the glory of the franchise. Don't worry. He and Scott had them planned. Scott would do his first (and he's doing right now), and Cameron will do his next. ;)

Edited by vc2002

Cameron will do some kind of a prequel to the redeem the glory of the franchise. Don't worry. He and Scott had them planned. Scott would do his first (and he's doing right now), and Cameron will do his next. ;)

Not until 2018 at the earliest.

http://themovieblog....s-megan-ellison“We can’t really tell you guys anything about Terminator 5 . But it will be an R rated film as God and James Cameron intended.”Fuck yeah, not that's ballsy talk, especially coming from a woman. Hear that, Chucky? God wants his action flicks to be rated R.

Holy fvcking great. No more stupid throwminators. Bring some kickass killing machines baby!! B)

Not until 2018 at the earliest.

Well, I wasn't being serious, you know. Cameron will never go back to Terminator.But I defnitely would LOVE to see some good writer and director bring some fresh blood to this franchise. I don't mind another movie as long as it stick to the tone and concept of the first two films.

Well, I wasn't being serious, you know. Cameron will never go back to Terminator.But I defnitely would LOVE to see some good writer and director bring some fresh blood to this franchise. I don't mind another movie as long as it stick to the tone and concept of the first two films.

William Wisher was working on a draft (25 page treatment) then Morgan (I think) was supposed to write, but with Lin out I don't think anymore. Would like Wisher's involvement or would like Laeta Kalogridis to take a pass at it.

This will be huge.OS will do 400 mill atleast..

This will be huge.OS will do 400 mill atleast..

That would be crazy good. Put in 150M and you have #6 right behind it.BTW what do you think of my choices for directors?

Well... It think MB would ruin the film.. Maybe make a blockbuster.. But ruin it..Terry Gilliam only made one good movie IMO and thats 12 monkeys....Alfonso and Poul V could work...But i want Brad Bird to do it

“We can’t really tell you guys anything about Terminator 5 . But it will be an R rated film as God and James Cameron intended.”

Thats the greatest thing I've ever read.

1 person likes this

Well... It think MB would ruin the film.. Maybe make a blockbuster.. But ruin it..Terry Gilliam only made one good movie IMO and thats 12 monkeys....Alfonso and Poul V could work...But i want Brad Bird to do it

What about Woo? Bird would be good, but he has many movies he is attached to, that is why I didn't include him. I didn't include R. Scott for that reason also.

For me Woo haven´t done that many good movies.. face/off and MI2 were okey but i want a director with more edge.They need some new thinking in this franchise and i don´t think he´s the one.NWR could also do it. Wouldént be the first time that a new director has been handed a 200-250 mill movie