Beginning on August 1, 2017 all free accounts will have the same avatar size as all paid accounts. This means you will be able to upload larger avatars on that day if you have a free account and this will no longer be a paid perk.

Neo

Terminator Genisys | July 1, 2015 | Crosses 400M WW, overtakes Fury Road | GB returns, Page 379!

Neo    10,727

For me Woo haven´t done that many good movies.. face/off and MI2 were okey but i want a director with more edge.They need some new thinking in this franchise and i don´t think he´s the one.NWR could also do it. Wouldént be the first time that a new director has been handed a 200-250 mill movie

Do you mean Refn? He has directed before. You are right there are some new directors with big budgets. Stromberg comes to mind with Maleficent should be 150M+ How about Jonathan Nolan?

Ozymandias    16,341

I think John Woo would be perfect. Broken Arrow, Face/off, and Mission Impossible 2 are easily some of my favorite action movies. Woo has a very unique and effective style that works very well. Besides, what the hell happened to him? He doesn't seem to have disappeared.

fmpro    4,482

Do you mean Refn? He has directed before. You are right there are some new directors with big budgets. Stromberg comes to mind with Maleficent should be 150M+ How about Jonathan Nolan?

Yes him... He could do the job well i think..Im not sure about J Nolan.. I dont think he's ever dona a movie without his brother.. But maybe its time?!He certainly have seen it all

Neo    10,727

With a possible Interstellar with Spielberg and working for many years with his brother he might do a good job, but we need better than good.

fmpro    4,482

Agree... We deserve T2 standart...Budget could be 250 mill for this...

Bitcher    91

Terry Gilliam only made one good movie IMO and thats 12 monkeys....

I wholeheartedly disagree with that (loved Brazil and Fear & Loathing) but still, it's puzzling how different 12 Monkeys was from pretty much all his other works, stylistically, plot - wise and all.As for the T5 director, I'd like to see Danny Boyle try his hand at it or maybe David Twohy (though his only truly good movie so far was Pitch Black)

Neo    10,727

Is this still happening?

Yes it is and with Arnold. I think this will be much better, Wisher wrote a 25 page treatment + Will be Rated R. Not sure how much of Wisher's script will stay.

Thisguy    2

D

Agree... We deserve T2 standart...Budget could be 250 mill for this...

Doubt it. The terminator franchise has been a big money loser for the last 2 installments hence why the rights keep shifting. Terminator 3 was made with 200M with arnold commanding a 30M pay check. Arnold not being in a position of power this time around the movie could be made with 150M budget.

fmpro    4,482

I think you're wrong.. T3 was made when people was tired of Arnold...This has Comeback written all over it... He's popular again hollywood wise...OS is booming and this will minimum do 400 mill there...This will have a budet of 200 mill minimum.. 250 mill is more likely..

Neo    10,727

My Dreamcast:

Jim SturgessTaylor Kitsch – John Connor

Linda Hamilton – Sarah Connor

Michael Bien – Kyle Reese

Antje Traue Jennifer Lawrence – John Connor’s love interest

Willem Dafoe Idris Elba – Commanding officer of the Resistance

Djimon Hounsou Guy Pearce – 2nd in charge

Mads Mikkelsen/Rinko Kikuchi/ Nikolaj Coster-Waldau – Resistance members

Milla Jovovich – T-X

Charlize Theorn – T1001

Bryan Cranston – Scientist

New Terminators introduced – T-Infinity

Edited by Neo

4815162342    51,694

It's a good thing you're notin charge of making decisions, because that's just a poutpourri of mistakes:- Casting Connor and Brewster to be younger than they were in T3 when T5 would take place post-2019- Retconning Sarah Connor's death for no reason- Using Michael Biehn, 28 years older, to play Kyle Reese at the same age he was in The Terminator (if not younger)- Throwing in random "hot" actresses to play various models shapeshifting Terminators, roles that would be a waste of anyone with strong acting ability (aka Charlize)- Throwing in random actors to play generic roles that would in essence retcon the events of Terminator Salvation (which ended with Connor assuming Resistance leadership).

kowhite    14,268

I think John Woo would be perfect. Broken Arrow, Face/off, and Mission Impossible 2 are easily some of my favorite action movies. Woo has a very unique and effective style that works very well. Besides, what the hell happened to him? He doesn't seem to have disappeared.

God NO! The man has a good eye for action, but his form of melodrama I can do without in this franchise.

Ozymandias    16,341

God NO! The man has a good eye for action, but his form of melodrama I can do without in this franchise.

I think his style of drama is very good actually and he is amazing at doing good villains. Besides... drama was the main T3, and especially T4 lacked.

kowhite    14,268

I think his style of drama is very good actually and he is amazing at doing good villains. Besides... drama was the main T3, and especially T4 lacked.

I think Woo can do good drama...but when it comes to his American films, barring Face/Off, it's been nothing but pure cheese. I like his HK and Chinese stuff much better.Admittedly, T3 and Salvation aren't exactly good drama...but I'm asking for better than that. Edited by kowhite

Neo    10,727

It's a good thing you're notin charge of making decisions, because that's just a poutpourri of mistakes:

- Casting Connor and Brewster to be younger than they were in T3 when T5 would take place post-2019

- Retconning Sarah Connor's death for no reason

- Using Michael Biehn, 28 years older, to play Kyle Reese at the same age he was in The Terminator (if not younger)

- Throwing in random "hot" actresses to play various models shapeshifting Terminators, roles that would be a waste of anyone with strong acting ability (aka Charlize)

- Throwing in random actors to play generic roles that would in essence retcon the events of Terminator Salvation (which ended with Connor assuming Resistance leadership).

I said DREAMCAST. Who said Brewster will be in the film, the movies are known for time travel, so any scenario is possible. Did I ever say girlfriend is Brewster??? Well Biehn was mentioned before as coming back, to what capacity I don't know. Thats why I said DREAMCAST. Could be a 200M+, big tentpole A++ director, so a hot actress is not of the question.

Elessar    3,782

I wish we would have gotten a truly great, intense future war movie, Salvation was passable and in some aspects better than the "parody" T3 but still a far cry from what i consider a great Terminator film.As much as i like Ahnuld, i fear he's becoming more of a crutch than an asset now. He was a great terminator but he's too old now and playing a human character... i dunno... let's face it, he's not a good actor.

Edited by Elessar