kayumanggi

FIST FIGHT | 02.17.17 | Warner Brothers | final gross ● 32.19 M

4 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Ice Cube saying "Fuck the police" seems almost as shoehorned in as him saying "Today was a good day" in Ride Along

or in 22 jump street where they got queen latifah saying "i'm straight outta compton". saw that flick in a real lively crowd but man that joke died.

The first trailer was hilarious, but this one...all the "fucks" just don't do it for me. Why does everyone think saying fuck and/or uttering sex and drug jokes over and over is comedy? I mean how many times have we seen that meth gag. I'm lowering my expectations after that trailer, but I think it'll still do well.

Seems to be another one of those movies that wouldve sufficed with a PG13, but instead they feel the need to be edgy rather than funny.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jandrew said:

The first trailer was hilarious, but this one...all the "fucks" just don't do it for me. Why does everyone think saying fuck and/or uttering sex and drug jokes over and over is comedy? I mean how many times have we seen that meth gag. I'm lowering my expectations after that trailer, but I think it'll still do well.

Seems to be another one of those movies that wouldve sufficed with a PG13, but instead they feel the need to be edgy rather than funny.

Just like Sausage Party. The actual movie was basically a long Family Guy sketch. I laughed hard in the theatre but the movie is so damn stupid looking back

• Like 1

A lot of people may compare this film to the 1987s hit comedy Three O’ Clock High down to the story being set in one day, but with a twist of the leads being teachers instead of students but this reminded me of a short-lived Fox animated TV series back in 2009 named “Sit Down, Shut Up,” which featured the voices of Jason Bateman, Will Forte, and Will Arnett to name a few. Though it was short-lived, it was funny and vulgar where the stars were the zany personalities of these animated teachers. If there was a fully live-action version of Sit Down, Shut Up this movie would be it, because it is cartoonish as shit.

FULL REVIEW HERE:  https://www.rendyreviews.com/movies//fist-fight-review