Premium and Gold members please go to this thread:

http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/24403-paid-perks/

Copper and Silver Accounts please PM me if you have paid past August 1st and care about the "Custom Avatar" (or really larger avatar) perk.

Water Bottle

The Classic Conversation Thread: The Sequel

tribefan695    12,240

Got off work at 7 but since it's closer to the theater than my house I didn't feel like driving home and then farther back later so I'm just killing time in the parking lot waiting for the 10:30 Kong screening

Edited by tribefan695

MrPink    51,667
9 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

Got off work at 7 but since it's closer to the theater than my house I didn't feel like driving home and then father back later so I'm just killing time in the parking lot waiting for the 10:30 Kong screening

I'm not going to lie, going to a 10:30pm showing on a Wednesday night for a movie 5 weeks into release would creep me out. 

An auditorium that is completely empty and later leaving the theater with nobody in just weirds me out.

• Like 2

DAR    29,856

Damn Bucks had their chances in the fourth

DAR    29,856
Just now, MrPink said:

I'm not going to lie, going to a 10:30pm showing on a Wednesday night for a movie 5 weeks into release would creep me out. 

An auditorium that is completely empty and later leaving the theater with nobody in just weirds me out.

Makes it that easier to masturbate

ACSlater    5,323
12 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Local drink. Can get it pretty much everywhere. It's nothing world changing, but it's only found here and I'm always curious to see what foreigners think of it haha.

Still at lunch and my date is still telling me I am NOT indian because I am white...starting to get slightly pissed off now...

tribefan695    12,240
2 minutes ago, MrPink said:

This lot is pretty packed so I suspect that won't be the case, especially with two major colleges nearby. 

Sometimes an empty theater can be a blessing though, like with kids movies.

MrPink    51,667
2 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

This lot is pretty packed so I suspect that won't be the case, especially with two major colleges nearby. 

Sometimes an empty theater can be a blessing though, like with kids movies.

I suppose it's Tuesday isn't it? Discount Tuesday helps

My brain is scrambled today. 

Having said that, I did a successful parallel park today. The day was won.

• Like 1

elcaballero    3,262

The only movie I've ever been to where the auditorium was completely empty was 300: Rise of an Empire. I skipped school to see that garbage. :lol: 

MrPink    51,667
4 minutes ago, elcaballero said:

The only movie I've ever been to where the auditorium was completely empty was 300: Rise of an Empire. I skipped school to see that garbage. :lol: 

Civil War is the only one, but it was on a Wednesday afternoon a few weeks after release.

I just don't like empty theaters past closing time. Don't like seeing an empty theater, and at night when the place is just completely shut down is off-putting to me.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 2

franfar    16,263

I saw Transformers: Age of Extinction in an empty theater w/a family friend in like late morning.

Seeing a movie that early just felt so weird.

Edited by franfar
Meant to say Extinction, not Age of Ultron.

elcaballero    3,262
2 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Civil War is the only one, but it was on a Wednesday afternoon a few weeks after release.

I just don't like empty theaters past closing time. Don't like seeing an empty theater, and at night when the place is just completely shut down is off-putting to me.

I don't really like it either. I usually want to hang out and chat about a movie with friends afterward, and nothing kills the vibe like a theater during closing time.

• Like 1

Webslinger    1,401

I just had an auditorium all to myself when I saw T2: Trainspotting on Saturday afternoon.

MrPink    51,667
7 minutes ago, franfar said:

I saw Age of Ultron in an empty theater w/a family friend in like late morning.

Seeing a movie that early just felt so weird.

I saw the Great Wall at 9:30 am in the morning and it was actually pretty decently populated :lol:

• Like 1

grim22    51,835
1 minute ago, MrPink said:

I saw the Great Wall at 9:30 am in the morning and it was actually pretty decently populated :lol:

Asians taking advantage of the matinee pricing to see a white savior goes to Asia movie.

• Like 12

MrPink    51,667
2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Asians taking advantage of the matinee pricing to see a white savior goes to Asia movie.

We're cheap. Not gonna lie. I also had to pay for @Jayhawk that day so I was being cheap too :ph34r:

• Like 3

Chewy    50,503
2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I know it's racist for me to like this post but life's too short

• Like 4

jandrew    21,607
16 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

I saw Zootopia opening day in an empty theater. Proof positive how unreliable crowd reports can be

Don't shit on crowd reports. You know those are a BOM/BOT staple.

...At least until the thread was unpinned and left to drift away. @mods.

• Like 4

grim22    51,835
Just now, Chewy said:

I know it's racist for me to like this post but life's too short

Indians are Asians too (in Europe, Asian means South Asian), so I can make the joke without feeling bad 

• Like 1