Automatically embedding has been temporarily turned off until the Twitter bug has been fixed. This will only affect new posts made. Once the issue has been fixed, automatic embedding will return. It is possible to manually embed content I believe. If you quote a post with an embedded tweet, please delete the tweet.

Welcome to The Box Office Theory — Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Water Bottle

The Classic Conversation Thread: The Sequel

69,727 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Fate of the Robertman2 said:

You know, after seeing certain posters be so constantly negative on movies in general, I dread the day watching movies becomes a chore to me

I'm hopeful that day never comes for me.

HAIL HYDRA.

@4815162342 @CJohn

RIP Mace. :( Dead in the Framework, braindead in the real world, dead is dead. You will be missed.

WB Tripp.

YES DAISY GETS HER POWERS IN THE FRAMEWORK, I'M READY FOR THIS

lol at Jemma's explanation of whether or not Coulson and Grant Ward were friends or not.

I bet that somehow blue soap, which we're all dismissing as a joke, might actually not be a joke.

1 person likes this

Is Agents of Shield even canon at this point?

1 hour ago, Goffe said:

I'm stupefied by Crazy Ex-Girlfriend second season series finale. How did such an emotionally affecting episode, one that could maybe redeem the whole season, end in such soul-crushingly terrible two minutes? Rebecca should have gotten her shit together over this Josh thing by the mid-finale... of the freaking first season, but now we will get 3 seasons of it. Oh joy.

I stayed for Rachel Bloom's charm and the musical numbers, not sure if that will be enough for me next season.

I don't quite follow. The stakes are entirely inverted now. Also, Rebecca is not a healthy individual, that's part of why this is engaging and fascinating. 

1 hour ago, ACSlater said:

Sorry guys...I am out...

Coughing blood...

What the heck? Don't you fuckin die on me, man. 

1 person likes this

14 minutes ago, AJG said:

Is Agents of Shield even canon at this point?

Yes. But also no. But also yes. Also who cares, it's really good right now, I'm gonna watch it and enjoy the hell out of it.

3 people like this

5 minutes ago, Tele Came Back said:

I don't quite follow. The stakes are entirely inverted now. Also, Rebecca is not a healthy individual, that's part of why this is engaging and fascinating. 

It's part of the reason I haven't seen anything beyond the third or fourth episode. I can only stomach a cast of characters who continually or almost exclusively make unhealthy decisions so much before I get frustrated with them.

Just now, Water Bottle said:

It's part of the reason I haven't seen anything beyond the third or fourth episode. I can only stomach a cast of characters who continually or almost exclusively make unhealthy decisions so much before I get frustrated with them.

Fortunately for Tele, he enjoys nothing more than watching young people suffer.

2 people like this

2 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

There's actually a few pretty-well adjusted characters who're used as good counter-points to Becks (and others), but if you only lasted a few episodes, I can't remember when their relationship became prominent. As for Ms. Bunch, it's one of the few (maybe only) shows that deals honestly and believably with forms of high-functioning mental illnesses like depression or bipolar disorder.... in a musical/comedy format, no less. 

1 minute ago, Tele Came Back said:

There's actually a few pretty-well adjusted characters who're used as good counter-points to Becks (and others), but if you only lasted a few episodes, I can't remember when their relationship became prominent. As for Ms. Bunch, it's one of the few (maybe only) shows that deals honestly and believably with forms of high-functioning mental illnesses like depression or bipolar disorder.... in a musical/comedy format, no less. 

Which is great and fantastic and all and I like it in theory. But it doesn't make me want to watch the next episode when I finish an old episode or go back to it really.

50 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

HAIL HYDRA.

@4815162342 @CJohn

Hide contents

RIP Mace. :( Dead in the Framework, braindead in the real world, dead is dead. You will be missed.

WB Tripp.

YES DAISY GETS HER POWERS IN THE FRAMEWORK, I'M READY FOR THIS

lol at Jemma's explanation of whether or not Coulson and Grant Ward were friends or not.

I bet that somehow blue soap, which we're all dismissing as a joke, might actually not be a joke.

Spoiler

I'm really gonna miss Mace. He's such a good dude.

Posted (edited)

9 hours ago, Tele Came Back said:

Characters need to evolve, and it doesn't need to be for the better. Just don't regurgitate the same thing over and over again. 

They are stretching this Josh story far beyond the reasonable. Reversed stakes won't make much of a difference, Rebecca will surely engage with other men, leave them for Josh, split up for whatever reason, then move on from him, looping back to the beginning. It happened multiple times, and it will happen again.

Edited by Goffe

5 hours ago, Water Bottle said:

HAIL HYDRA.

@4815162342 @CJohn

Reveal hidden contents

No wonder

Spoiler

Fitz is evil. His MRA Dad stuck around to indoctrinate him.

3 people like this

What a lovely news story to wake up to.

5 hours ago, Tele Came Back said:

What the heck? Don't you fuckin die on me, man. 

Nah it's not as bad as it sounds...doing ok I guess...I will say f*ck socialized medicine...

Flying back to London the long way with a stop in Boston to get a full checkup at MGH per request of my company...

1 person likes this

33 minutes ago, DAR said:

WTF?  I just read his Wikipedia. So basically he was probably a serial killer. 

9 hours ago, Fate of the Robertman2 said:

You know, after seeing certain posters be so constantly negative on movies in general, I dread the day watching movies becomes a chore to me

Personally, when I was younger I enjoyed almost any film.

Then I watched a lot of the classics and saw what films can be like, so the average film these days does not do much for me. 

40 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Personally, when I was younger I enjoyed almost any film.

Then I watched a lot of the classics and saw what films can be like, so the average film these days does not do much for me. 

I miss the days when 102 Dalmatians was a good time at the movies.