grim22

Battle of the Sexes | Fox Searchlight | Based on the Billie Jean King and Bobby Riggs tennis match. Emma Stone and Steve Carrell star. Alan Cumming joins.

I mean it is from the directors of the definitive quirky Sundance dramedy. Although to me it still comes across much more like light, inoffensive inspirational-true-story nominations-baiting dramedy. Not a lot of Sundancey quirk in that trailer.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, That One Valerian said:

But it's Fox.

So was deadpool and I stanned for it hard. 

you might also want to check out apes thread etc.

I was so excited for Valerian but slowly came to realization that the leads will kill that movie so I am no longer supporting it. 

Basically, if i see red flags in any project/studio I start hating on it.

Hope the film hints at Riggs throwing the match due to his gambling debts.

He had easily defeated Margaret Court earlier, who was ranked higher than King.  And watching the match vs Billie Jean, you could easily see where Riggs purposely made his unforced errors.

4 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

So was deadpool and I stanned for it hard. 

you might also want to check out apes thread etc.

I was so excited for Valerian but slowly came to realization that the leads will kill that movie so I am no longer supporting it. 

Basically, if i see red flags in any project/studio I start hating on it.

...But why?

What's the point of just shitting on things if you don't care for them? Wouldn't it be nicer just to forget about it and be pleasantly surprised if it turns out fine? It's fine to think something looks bad but you hate on so many things and it's just bizarre to me.

• Like 2