CJohn

Daddy's Home 2 | November 10, 2017 | Mel Gibson, John Lithgow join. Trailer on page 3

4 minutes ago, Super Robertman2 Odyssey said:

Did he say that too?

Yea, he said that he has kids so if he had been on a plane "it wouldn't gone down like that." He said it would have been a bloodbath for them. Dude bought into his own movie performances a little much.

• Like 2

Mark Wahlberg's career is pretty interesting I think, the fact that he is now muse to both Michael Bay and Peter Berg is kinda nuts. At least Bay lets him play his natural brutish asshole self, Berg's got the man playing savior

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Mark Wahlberg's career is pretty interesting I think, the fact that he is now muse to both Michael Bay and Peter Berg is kinda nuts. At least Bay lets him play his natural brutish asshole self, Berg's got the man playing savior

He used to be DOR's muse before that girl from Kentucky entered the equation.

In fact, when DOR casted Jlaw for Sliver Linings, Wahlberg was in but he ended up not doing it because of a scheduling conflict.

Just now, The Futurist said:

He used to be DOR's muse before that girl from Kentucky entered the equation.

In fact, when DOR casted Jlaw for Sliver Linings, Wahlberg was in but he ended up not doing it because of a scheduling conflict.

gotta figure he switched because Marky Mark is probably a little more difficult to abuse.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chewy said:

The only role I've liked him in is The Departed. 

Trailer was decent, probably won't be as big as the first but should well.

i've recited this rule many times but i'll say it again because it's relevant. Mark Wahlberg can only give a good performance if he's playing a dumbass or an asshole. never works for me as a straight edge hero type.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

would a dad switch have been too obvious of a joke? i feel like there's more comedic potential in the dads being the other way around.

Thinking that will be a scene in the middle when each dad takes on the mannerisms of the other for joke purposes.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DAJK said:

YouTube commenters seem pretty adamant about bringing Cena back :lol: but make Arnold his dad.

He has an extended role this time around, tho.

• Like 1

Got bored and watched the original on Amazon last night...not sure why or how this is getting a sequel.  It was a very average movie that certainly benefited from its family theme at Christmas and that no one had anything else to watch after they saw Star Wars.  It was one of my least favorite Will Ferrell movies...I'd give it a C...a C+ if I was generous.  I mean, it wasn't so bad I shut it off, but it was just there...

But those aren't the bigger films that pay the bills.

No, no, of course. We have Daddy's Home 2. [The first film] was really successful. And now we brought in new elements with John Lithgow and Mel Gibson. That's a big, commercial holiday film.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/paramounts-jim-gianopulos-starting-his-fox-exit-reviving-a-struggling-studio-1015023?utm_source=twitter

• Like 1