SteveJaros

"Purple Rain": Warners releasing to select AMC, Carmike theaters April 23-28 ...

Starting tomorrow (4/23) and running through Thursday (4/28), AMC will be showing Prince's 1984 film "Purple Rain" in 87 theaters nationwide, Carmike will be showing it in 80 theaters as well. This article shows the locations of the participating AMC and Carmike theaters:

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/purple-rain-returning-to-amc-theaters-this-weekend-1201759183/

Edited by SteveJaros
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, SteveJaros said:

Starting tomorrow (4/23) and running through Thursday (4/27), AMC will be showing Prince's 1984 film "Purple Rain" in 87 theaters nationwide, Carmike will be showing it in 80 theaters as well. This article shows the location of the participating AMC theaters:

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/purple-rain-returning-to-amc-theaters-this-weekend-1201759183/

Thanks for posting this! I can't go tomorrow but I'll try for another date if its showing here. This would be my only chance to see it in a theater so I'm beyond hyped. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Talkie said:

Thanks for posting this! I can't go tomorrow but I'll try for another date if its showing here. This would be my only chance to see it in a theater so I'm beyond hyped. 

They are showing it through Thursday, so hopefully one of those days works for you. Wife and I am going Sunday, got my tickets. :)

37 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

There's screenings in Australia on Friday as well. 

https://www.eventcinemas.com.au/EventsFestivals/PurpleRain

I apologize, I sometimes forget that this is a global forum, and use "nationwide" as if it goes without saying that everyone knows I mean the USA. Hope you get to see Purple Rain way down there on the bottom of the earth, LOL. :)

It would be nice if some of this went to a charity in Prince's name...

This is why I'm going to see it this week at a local (non-multiplex) theater of mine...at least I'll be supporting a local historic theater and knowing that it won't all be going to the corporate machine.