kayumanggi

THE SHALLOWS | 064.0 M overseas | 119.1 M worldwide

From Screen Daily: 

Swimming to a $1m debut in the UK, The Shallows bit into $4.4m from its 36 markets for $21.8m.

The single-location thriller also posted chart-topping debuts in the Philippines and the UAE with $535k and $530k, respectively. It opens in France and Australia next weekend.

• Like 1

Strong opening in Australia for this type of film and a pretty good opening in France (I think). 

From Screen Daily: 

Debuting in 24 new territories, The Shallows bit into another $6.3m from its 59 markets for $30.1m.

Its top new openings came in France with $1.5m from 268 screens and Australia with $1.3m from 227 screens. Ahead of its debuts in Brazil, Germany and Italy, the single-location thriller added $530k in the UK for a local tally of $2.3m.

3 hours ago, Krissykins said:

It'll be interesting to see how this does in China.

I wish horror films could be released there.

Same here. It would be really interesting/cool to see how a film like The Conjuring would do there. 

Horror films have made a killing everywhere else so it's a shame that they don't get a release over there.

Although The Boy did and it wasn't too successful so hopefully The Shallows finds better success. But ready get this...its being released in 3D over there lol 

4 hours ago, Krissykins said:

It'll be interesting to see how this does in China.

I wish horror films could be released there.

The Boy was released this year there and made a pathetic $2.5m.

I would love to know from a Chinese member if China is not into horror or if it is just that movie that was unappealing?

Because I remember reading a Chinese member saying that TC2 had potential to do $100m there, since TC was really popular in China.

Surfacing in 12 new markets, The Shallows bit into a further estimated $6.1m from its 59 markets for $38.5m.

Its best debut came in Italy with $890k from 264 screens, followed by a preview-boosted debuts of $685k and $570k in Brazil and Germany, respectively. France fell 49% with a $785k second weekend for $2.8m to date.

Source: ScreenDaily 

• Like 1

The Shallows is continuing to scare up audiences around the globe this weekend, grossing $9.6M from about 7,000 screens in 56 markets. The international cume so far is$55.1M for a global take of about $110M+. The thriller has played equally well both overseas and stateside. It opened in China this weekend to a nice $8.1M from 5,000 screens, which was 12% ahead of its closest comp, Into the Storm. The Sony offering took the No. 2 spot in the Middle Kingdom.

Source: Deadline.com

80M+ OS 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PanaMovie said:

The Shallows is continuing to scare up audiences around the globe this weekend, grossing $9.6M from about 7,000 screens in 56 markets. The international cume so far is$55.1M for a global take of about $110M+. The thriller has played equally well both overseas and stateside. It opened in China this weekend to a nice $8.1M from 5,000 screens, which was 12% ahead of its closest comp, Into the Storm. The Sony offering took the No. 2 spot in the Middle Kingdom.

Source: Deadline.com

80M+ OS 

You think it can get to $80M+ OS? That's another $25M.....I thought it could get another $10M if it's lucky. 

• Like 1

Nice to see that it's still making money. I just watched it and it was fun. Solid 7/10 movie from someone who is definitely not into this kind of movies.

I really hope Blake gets more good material, she's a good leading lady.

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, PanaMovie said:

I'm thinking 15M+ more in CH and 4M in the rest 

Maybe 70M is better 

Yea that's what I thought. Either number is fantastic for this film and definitely not what I expected when it was released. If it can get to $70M OS id be really happy for it. Then again anything it makes from here on out is just icing on the cake 

• Like 1