kayumanggi

THE FATE OF THE FURIOUS | 1010.0 M overseas ● 1236.0 M worldwide

1 hour ago, peludo said:

Pretty agree, but remember that ER in 2013 were better than now. I do not have updated figures, but I guess that those $483m are a bit over $400m today. I would say $500m OS-C, and something around to $900m OS total.

Low-mid 400s in 2013 which then jumped to $775m from OS-Ch in 2015.  600 is about the mid point, but the dollar is even slightly stronger overall now compared to April 2015 so that's why I'm putting it somewhat below 600 for F8, reversion to the mean and all that.  Who knows though....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gavin Feng said:

fuck off

It's a valid thing to say...we all think it's going to drop without Walker's death adding to the gross.

And telling anyone, but especially a new member to fuck off, is not how we operate here.

17 minutes ago, baumer said:

It's a valid thing to say...we all think it's going to drop without Walker's death adding to the gross.

And telling anyone, but especially a new member to fuck off, is not how we operate here.

Maybe I misunderstood what he meant. My fault. It will never happen again.

3 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

Maybe I misunderstood what he meant. My fault. It will never happen again.

Yeah, you misunderstood, he didn't say it was a good thing Paul Walker is not there anymore, he said that he hoped the movie won't fall only because Walker is not in there anymore -> he wants the movie to be successful all by itself, not because of an external event. That's the way  I understood his post.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Gavin Feng said:

Sorry buddy. I should not say that to you. Please forgive me

Its ok. I already accept that we cant see him anymore in the movie. I'm excited to know what is the reason why vin diesel betrayed his family. 

http://deadline.com/2017/04/fate-of-the-furious-global-opening-box-office-record-furious-7-vin-diesel-dwayne-johnson-1202067353/

a shot heard around the world with an opening between $375M on the low end and$440M on the high end.

Analysts are forecasting a $100M-$110M over three days in U.S./Canada with previews kicking off Thursday at 7PM. And that’s just normal in regards to the B.O. dip. Overseas is expected to clock more than F7‘s $250.5M with a $275M-$330M debut for F8, which revs up Wednesday eight markets including Australia, France and Korea. By the weekend, foreign will have 688 IMAX screens in the tank with 392 of those in China

some analysts believe that a $350M-plus foreign opening isn’t out of the question

7 minutes ago, MattW said:

http://deadline.com/2017/04/fate-of-the-furious-global-opening-box-office-record-furious-7-vin-diesel-dwayne-johnson-1202067353/

a shot heard around the world with an opening between $375M on the low end and$440M on the high end.

Analysts are forecasting a $100M-$110M over three days in U.S./Canada with previews kicking off Thursday at 7PM. And that’s just normal in regards to the B.O. dip. Overseas is expected to clock more than F7‘s $250.5M with a $275M-$330M debut for F8, which revs up Wednesday eight markets including Australia, France and Korea. By the weekend, foreign will have 688 IMAX screens in the tank with 392 of those in China

some analysts believe that a $350M-plus foreign opening isn’t out of the question

:ohmygod:

3 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

14h Paris was exactly what Fast 7 did. Fast 7 did it without holidays, though so a slight decrease seems likely. 
Let's see how the whole day looked. 

Europe is not the place it's expected to grow anyway. China and Brazil are probably the 2 most interesting places to watch for it, maybe a few other ones such as Philippines.

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 1