cannastop

Best Original Song 2016

9 hours ago, Impact said:

I have not seen it-but I did read that Alice 2 has a decent shot here, of course the film was a flop. Then again that really never stops the Academy sometimes.

No chance. "Try Everything" gets in before that, and even that's an outside shot.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Alpha said:

No chance. "Try Everything" gets in before that, and even that's an outside shot.

No clue what that is-then again I still have not seen Zootopia (I was having a very busy March and April and didn't have time to go to the movies (only saw BVS during that time frame)-well I wouldn't of known of about Alice 2 having a song had I not read that either though). Was just reading what someone said though that it has a chance, to be honest anymore at the Oscars the strangest things happen now. (Ex-Machina winning visual effects, a film winning best picture with just one other Oscars, ect.)

"City of Stars"- La La Land

"Can't Stop the Feeling"- Trolls

"Heathens"- Suicide Squad

"Just Like Fire"- Alice Through the Looking Glass

"Try Everything"- Zootopia

Tbf, the academy generally doesn't give a shit whether the actual movie was good or not to nominate a song in this category. I just haven't seen many movies with original songs in them. I'm pretty sure one or two or them will be from a a). indie film or b). documentary.

9 hours ago, Rorschach said:

"City of Stars"- La La Land

"Can't Stop the Feeling"- Trolls

"Heathens"- Suicide Squad

"Just Like Fire"- Alice Through the Looking Glass

"Try Everything"- Zootopia

Tbf, the academy generally doesn't give a shit whether the actual movie was good or not to nominate a song in this category. I just haven't seen many movies with original songs in them. I'm pretty sure one or two or them will be from a a). indie film or b). documentary.

Something from Moana will definitely be nominated even if it isn't that great because of Lin Manuel Miranda. I really doubt the twenty one pilots song will be nominated and I hope to God that generic Timberlake song doesn't win. 

Also, just curious, but why are so many people predicting La La land to get so many major nominations?  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ban1o said:

Something from Moana will definitely be nominated even if it isn't that great because of Lin Manuel Miranda. I really doubt the twenty one pilots song will be nominated and I hope to God that generic Timberlake song doesn't win. 

Also, just curious, but why are so many people predicting La La land to get so many major nominations?  

Because early word from test screenings is good and it looks like something the Academy will eat up.

12 hours ago, ban1o said:

Shit, how could I forget about Moana.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Audition, La La Land

City of Stars, La La Land

The Great Beyond, Sausage Party

Something from Moana

A song that nobody has heard of

If Moana has multiple songs take out SP.

Something from Sing Street, in all likelihood. Both Once (which won) and Begin Again got nominations in this category.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Something from Sing Street, in all likelihood. Both Once (which won) and Begin Again got nominations in this category.

The whole category might just be three movies. La La Land, Moana and Sing Street.

My hopes of a cheap nomination for Zootopia are dead. :D

Edited by cannastop