AniNate

Paramount production deal with new studio Locksmith Animation

42 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

http://deadline.com/2016/05/paramount-pictures-sets-deal-with-locksmith-animation-1201748918/

Founded in 2014 by Aardman vets Sarah Smith and Julie Lockhart, the London based studio aims to specialize in "high end CGI". They currently have three projects in development and hope to release their first theatrical film by 2020

I wonder where they're getting the animators. The two founders seem to be producers or writers.

41 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

Probably why they made the deal. I'm sure Aardman will lend them some, too. I can see them having a sort of WDA/Pixar relationship

Why would Aardman lend labor to them? They're not under the same ownership, nor are they distributed by the same studio.

Also, Walt Disney Animation and Pixar do not share staff as a matter of policy. There are people who have worked in both studios, but they don't work for both at the same time.