The Panda

BOT Top 100 Movies of All Time: The Empire Strikes Back... Again... For the Third Time...

1 minute ago, Baumer said:

incredible right up for The Big Lebowski. It did not make my top 100 but I have three Coen Brothers films that I love and it is certainly one of them. So I'm glad to see it make the list.

whenever someone talks in all bold i just automatically think they're imitating BKB for some reason 

• Like 3

I have a dinner im supposed to go to so I'll announce more later tonight.

Here's a hint for the next film to keep you chewing,

It cruise'd its way on up to the 98th spot with only 7 votes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Panda said:

I have a dinner im supposed to go to so I'll announce more later tonight.

Here's a hint for the next film to keep you chewing,

It cruise'd its way on up to the 98th spot with only 7 votes.

I'd love it if it was Edge of Tomorrow, but I somehow doubt it.

1 hour ago, The Panda said:

I know the excitement on the forum is just boiling to see what our favorite movies are for the 4th time.   Such a monumental event.  How many Nolan films will make the countdown?  How many times will people shout a movie is overrated?  How much of this list is really just going to be a "favorite comic book movies" list?

It's time to find out.

First here are the 10 just misses (in no particular order, however they all either missed by a single point or tied in points and missed by a vote count tiebreaker)

Gone Girl

Star Wars Episode 3 - Revenge of the Sith

The Sound of Music

Grave of Fireflies

Life of Pi

Before Sunset

Duck Soup

City of God

Good Will Hunting

Shrek

Some other fun facts

13 Animations made the list, and only one of them was not from Disney or Pixar

More than 2 Nolan films missed the list! (Shocker, but just how many did miss?  We'll find out.  Safe to say if MrPink or ED sent in lists they all likely would have made it)

5 Marvel movies made the list and only 1 of them wasn't from the MCU

The film with the lowest number of votes that still made the list received 6 votes (less individual votes than all but one of the honorable mentions, and that one it tied with), this film also made it rather high up with only 6 votes.

Now, time to begin....

The truth is...

I'd put probably 4...maybe 5 Nolan films in my top 100, as personal favorites. And I know my list would still be laughed at. 

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 2

Sp panda comes here, gives us one film and then leaves us.  #whyhaveyouforsakenuspanda

I gave you guys 2, im at a group dinner currently so I have to be somewhat social and can't bust out my laptop.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Panda said:

I gave you guys 2, im at a group dinner currently so I have to be somewhat social and can't bust out my laptop.

I'm just busting your balls buddy.  Life comes before the forums.

2 minutes ago, The Panda said:

ife come

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Honestly, Baumers opinion infuriates me, and given that he chose to express it in this thread of all places, I'm not sure if I even want to visit this board anymore.

Of fucking relax.  I'm not a big animation fan.  There are 3 billion other Pixar loonies here, go to them if you need some massaging of your ego.  

• Like 5

Of fucking relax.  I'm not a big animation fan.  There are 3 billion other Pixar loonies here, go to them if you need some massaging of your ego.  

It's not just Pixar. It's your dismissal of an entire artform in a trollish manner.

Bah, I wish you hadn't even responded to me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cannastop said:

Why did you decide to shit up this thread, anyways? This was supposed to be fun, and you had to pipe in with your ignorant bullshit.

Anyways, I view it as different mediums. If live-action is painting, then animation is sculpting. Neither is inherently superior.

Animation is for kids. :)

• Like 1

@cannastop you're still kind of feeling your way around here which means you don't know me very well.  I have spouting off the same stuff since 2002.  I like busting the Pixar loonies balls, and the animation loonies balls as well.  It's nothing personal.  In return they make fun of me for liking Twilight (which is better than 99.9% of the animated films out there) and Transformers and Bay in general.  So if you are going to enjoy yourself here, try not to take things too seriously.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Are you going to act up again when the list gets to Citizen Kane?

Citizen Kane and Toy Story 3 are both the bottom of the barrel.

• Like 1