PanaMovie

Beauty and the Beast OS Thread - 759.4M OS - 1.263B WW! - 10th Highest grossing Movie of all-time

14 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

That would greatly please me :D

There is a high chance for that!BaTB is looking at an additional 30M in US,20M OS-JPN and 100M in JPN so its total could go as high as 1280M.Even if it goes a bit below that F8 is looking at 230(at most)in the UE and 950-1B OS (we will know better next weekend as we need to see to what extend Guardians will affect it) so a total of...1180-1230M.It's going to be a close call for sure.

• Like 3

http://deadline.com/2017/04/guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-2-fate-of-the-furious-baahubali-2-china-international-box-office-1202079772/

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST

Beauty And The Beast Box Office

Disney

Coming off of a $17.2M weekend in 46 territories, the Bill Condon-directed Beautyhas played to $662.4M worth of overseas audiences. Globally, the total is $1.142B, making it the No. 13 highest grossing movie of all time. This week it waltzed past Transformers: Age Of Extinction, Skyfall, Lord Of The Rings: Return Of The King, and Transformers: Dark Of The Moon.

In Japan, Disney saw turnstiles spin 9% harder than on the first weekend. The cume there is now $33.6M and Golden Week is upon us. Elsewhere, holds were strong including in the Netherlands (-10%), Spain (-30%), New Zealand (-30%).

In Europe, the estimated cume to date of $267M, makes this the 2nd highest grossing film of the past 12 months in Europe (behind only Rogue One). In the UK/Ireland, Beauty And The Beast is the 8th biggest movie of all-time, and the biggest musical ever there with $87.4M..

So 1.25B is the target.  When should we know if Japan can get it passed Frozen? 

Beauty And The Beast added $17.2m for $662.4m internationally, bringing the global sum to $1.14bn. The live-action musical overtook Transformers: Age Of Extinction, Skyfall, The Lord Of The Rings: Return of the King, and Transformers: Dark of the Moon to rank as the 13th highest grossing film of all-time.

In North America, where it has grossed $480.1m, it passed Star Wars: Episode I to rank as the ninth highest grossing film.

Japan increased by 9% over its opening weekend to take the running total to $33.6m after 10 days. The UK is the number one market for the live-action tentpole on $87.4m, followed closely by China on $85.8m. Brazil has generated $40.8m, while South Korea stands at $37.2m, Australia $35.1m and Japan $33.6m.

Germany has amassed $33m, Mexico $29.9m, Italy $22.6m, Spain $22.4m, France $22.1m, Russia $14.6m, Philippines $13.5m and Argentina $12.4m.

• Like 2

I think BATB beating F8 is locked. BATB is headed to around $1.25 billion assuming around $100 million from Japan (very likely given its performance so far), while F8 is looking to settle around $1.2 billion. Beating Frozen will be the more interesting one to watch over the next few months. 

• Like 1

April 16: 588.4 (+43.3)

April 23: 629.2 (+40.8) 

April 30: 662.3 (+33.1)

May 7:   698.1 (+35.8)

That's quite a week overseas, an increase actually.  At this rate I think Frozen worldwide is in range.

• Like 4

Beauty And The Beast stands at $1.186bn worldwide, making it the 11th highest grossing movie of all-time, passing Captain America: Civil War and Minions.  

Japan dropped just 16% in its third weekend as the film reached $60.1m after 17 days of release. The UK is the top market on $88.9m, followed by China on $85.8m, Japan $60.1m, Brazil $41.4m and South Korea $37.5m.

Australia generated $35.6m, Germany $34m, Mexico $30m, France $23.1m, Spain $23m and Italy $22.6m.

Source: Screen Daily

• Like 7

On 5/7/2017 at 10:14 AM, MattW said:

April 16: 588.4 (+43.3)

April 23: 629.2 (+40.8) 

April 30: 662.3 (+33.1)

May 7:   698.1 (+35.8)

That's quite a week overseas, an increase actually.  At this rate I think Frozen worldwide is in range.

What do you know, it drops big this week making my previous statement look silly.

May 14: 713.3 (+15.2)

Honestly it's so strange that it would increase the week of May 7th and then drop over 57% this past week I wonder if Disney is doing some fudging pushing money over to GotG or something.  Not sure but it wouldn't surprise me.